Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer for Christmas ! ;-)

• 11-12-2003 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Sorry, I was looking for above, Mods please close.
    You should rename this forum, Hot bargains, Hot Deals or something like that if people are not allowed to request or discuss looking for bargains. Just a thought.
    It would save everyone a lot of hassle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Tescos have 24 bottles of Carlsberg export for 22 euros at the moment, not too shabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

superquinn have 24 bottles of miller for €24

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Stiltskin

Supervalu have the best selection of beers at the best prices at the moment.
    Stella Artois, Amstel, San Miguel, Rolling Rock, Miller, Fosters and Harp among others all for 1 euro a bottle. San Miguel is my own favourite and is also one of the stronger
    beers available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Thanks for the replies, and to M_T for not closing. I'll check out Supervalu. Has anyone made the trip up North? Worth it?
    I see the Tesco online store is showing Beer/Lager prices per litre which is interesting for comparison.
    e.g
    Carlsberg Export 24x330ml Botts - 21.99 (2.78/Litre).
    Carlsberg 6 Pack x 330ml Botts - 8.99 - (4.54/Litre).
    Budwiser 6 Pack x 330ml Botts - 9.89 - (5.00/Litre).

That first one must be a special offer, will check it out.

Must start thinking in Litres required and price per litre both for petrol and beer hmmm.
    Anyway, thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Great thread.......... think its a major thing on most people's mind around this time of year and i for one am now going to supervalu for some bottles of miller.

Keep it going , let us know where the beer bargins are....... :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You've always got Lidl and their baby beers at about 9.99?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

superquinn also doing 24 500ml cans of CARLSBERG for €26.
    guud.
    dave

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Dutch Gold is being sold @ 6 500ml cans for 7euro.
    Found in most good off licience's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Two friends of mine got the ferry over to France for 70 euro each return. Was well worth it for the price of the beer and the superior choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Tesco have (or had??) an offer where a selection of beers (produced by Guinness I think) are/were sold at cost price ... 500ml budweiser cans for ~€1.70

But definitely go for the case of beer from Lidl for a tenner ... a little bit weaker than other beers but very acceptable all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

...got 24 330 ml bottles of Staropramen in Tesco Saturday for 23.99 s well as a crate of the afforementioned Carlsberg export, which tastes a lot nicer than the watery crap they're serving as Carlsberg in pubs at the moment.

Anyone see any cheap cider or Pilsner Urquell around?

Neil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Aahh.....Pilsner urquell.....reminds me of my drunken state(s) a few weeks ago in Prague! What a lovely beer....pity we couldn't buy it at that price in the pubs here :) Was working out about €1.20 for a pint!

Anyway, that deal for 24 cans of 500ml carlsberg for €26 is a steal! Great valus indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

Aahh.....Pilsner urquell.....reminds me of my drunken state(s) a few weeks ago in Prague! What a lovely beer....pity we couldn't buy it at that price in the pubs here Was working out about €1.20 for a pint!

it is the best, but even for prague that price is expensive! i paid 20 crowns for a stein(in june), the exchange rate was 30 crowns to a euro, so more like 80c in prague!

but a bargin holiday destination! cheap all round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭an_taoiseach

"You've always got Lidl and their baby beers at about 9.99?"

Or their 500ml bottles of Pils

6 Btl = 7 Euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If you want a bargain, I would go up north. Places like Sainsbury in Newry are selling 24 bottle of Miller for 9 sterling at the moment.. savage prices!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by an_taoiseach
    "You've always got Lidl and their baby beers at about 9.99?"

Or their 500ml bottles of Pils

6 Btl = 7 Euro
    The Kristorg bottles are 250ml and 3% Alcohol - but you do get 24 for €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

The 'Londis' supermarket in the Liberties (5\6 Ardilaun Ct., Patrick St. Tel:4730433) in Dublin has a huge banner over its front door stating that it has the lowest price trays of beer in Dublin. This shop is on the right hand side as you drive south from Christchurch Cathedral. I didn't get a chance to check. If anyone is in the area, can they confirm maybe!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

24 cans o bud for 15 euro in sainsburys across the border, most crates are 15euro as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

BazH: You sure they are cans (not Bottles)? You sure that it is Euro, not sterling?

I bought beer in Sainsburys over the weekend. As I am not a Bud drinker I never checked out their prices, but I did pick up Stella Arois which was on special.

I paid £10 give or take a couple of pence for 24x25cl bottles (call it €16). They also had 24x440ml cans for sale for about £16.50 - call that €25.

As well as that they had a 'reduced bin' where I piked up an assortment of cans for between 50p and 60p, and a 4-pack of Low Alcohol Beer (for the driver) for £1.99.

Also, the missus was delighted to be able to pick up 2 4-packs of Archers aqua for £8/€12 odd (on special, £4.99 each or 2 for £8).

Good value compared to here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ActingThe Magot

Euroshopper 500ml can of beer-
    99 cent in Superquinn, Ireland
    the same product is 37 cent per 500ml can in Albert Heijn chain of Supermarkets in The Netherlands.

I do not think that 8.88 euro price for 24 500ml cans will be bettered anywhere in Ireland (North or South of the border)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

1664 24 x 33cl Btls 27 Eur, Sandyfor industrial estate off license.

A fine beer made by Kronenbourg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Where is the off licence in the Industrial Estate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I saw an ad in the paper for a tray of miller (24 cans, 500ml) for €24-26. They also had an ad for 24 bottles of Miller for around the same price and other beers too. It was definitely 500Ml's. Does anyone know where they are selling this?

Also, what deals are Dunnes doing (it might also be them selling the Miller on the cheap)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Spawn

I can get :-

24xBudweiser Bottles - €29.99
    24xBudweiser Cans - €38

Very cheap but in the Comet Off-Licence in Castleblayney

I guess most of you wont be buying your drink there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Would definetly like to know where theres cheap 500ml cans of miller........ anyone?

Also Dunnes or Tesco's doing any good promotions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I've come home to my folks house for christmas and will be stealing cans from the side passage of the house.
    no money at all and as much as you like - you can't beat it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Two geezers next door lowering cans in the side passage.
    Anyways, JC supermarket in Swords had 24 Botts Miller for 23.99. 2 Pallets wheeled out at 5.30pm - unreal. Stripped bare in about 15 mins. I just had to stand and watch. (While 'reserving' 2 cases for further research) Nuk Nuk.
    Thanks for all who replied to my original post and a very merry Xmas to all of you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

In the balally(spelling?) shopping centre.

Advertisement