Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you disable findfast ?

Options
  • 04-01-2000 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Lo,

I notice findfast starts up with my machine and of course its slows down quake on me when it starts to do stuff ? Anyone know how to disable it ?

Ta

(Of course I have used Quake as an example of a game findfast slows down just to make it relivant to this board, but you all know i mean tribes and UT - but don't tell bunny, Slosh or MP that. Anyways it would effect quake too if I had it on my machine. Mums the word smile.gif)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Look in startup, and delete the findfast shortcut.

C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Try there.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Go into control panel.

click FastFind, click each of the indexes, Delete them. This will STOP it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Thanx lads !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Start-programs-accesories-system tools-system information

Then in tools start system configuration utility. Switch to the Startup Tab and unclick any program you don't want to startup.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Don't install Office.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Bit too late Hobbes, and i need MS Office unfortuanly sad.gif

But thanx anyways

Advertisement