Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digital satellite tv and broadband

• 12-12-2003 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi!

I posted this already on the community section, satellite but not sure if it's the right place for it.

I am about to move to rural Galway and have no possibility of getting high speed internet access where i am for the next decade or so.

Simple question (suspect answer not so simple)......if i get sky digital tvsubscription, can i use that dish to get broadband access via satellite by subscribing to digiweb / europeonline / similar??

seems like an obvious thing to do but i don't know anyone doing it. so is it possible? if yes. how?

thanks,
    Aimhirgin:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

yes.

Use search function and type keyword 'cpsat'

read recent threads - should put you in the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by aimhirgin
    I am about to move to rural Galway and have no possibility of getting high speed internet access where i am for the next decade or so.

How rural is rural , ISDN is widely available. Use that with a one way sat such as CPsat or Silvermead and an 80cm dish or Netsystem .

A second dish could be used if you went to Eutelsat where EuropeOnloine are

Wireless will be available in the future, unless you are in a valley behind the 12 pins or something. Then there is Irishwan in some areas as well.

M

Advertisement