Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor GPRS WAP

• 12-12-2003 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

hi - anyone using Meteor GPRS services, how are you finding it?

started configuring a few handsets for WAP tonight and i don't know if it is just acting a bit flakey right now or something but getting a stable going connection is proving a bit difficult... and it isn't happy with one or two handsets :(

BrianG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Takes aaaaaaaaagggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss to drag down a 6KB picture message for me, about 5 times longer then my vodafone sim card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It seems to take far longer to attach to the GPRS network. Example, when connecting to Voafone with my 7650, the G flashes on and off once. While in Meteor, it does so about 4 times. Their GPRS service certainly seems to be slower overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i'm finding it more reliable than o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

WAP appears to be down since yesterday evening, so that would explain the problem somewhat. I could not get a connection via GPRS or CSD last night at all. This morning all I can access are Meteor pages, anything outside that produces a 500 Server Not Available erroy I think it was.

I must try O2 GPRS to get a comparison...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

thanks everyone for the replies - looks it's behaving itself ok now - i think i picked the wrong night to start configuring the meteor settings... :(

was wondering what was going on - configured a T610 and got on ok - then set up a P800 a bit later and kept getting a gateway error (514?)... the P800 worked this morning using the same config as last night but with meteor pages only (so looks like that's the trouble I hit as Faltermyer pointed out), all working fine now and able to get everywhere :)

thanks,
    BrianG

• Advertisement

You say you were "Configuring".

Just wondering if you were entering them manually??

Cos theres an OTA system available on SonyEricssons UK website?

Check my post here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106942

I should be able to find out some more info tomorrow about what was happening over the past day or two, so ill post up once I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

thanks - was pleased to see meteor have a good one on their site too under 'Download Settings' on www.mymeteor.ie which appears to cover a load of SonyEricsson, Nokia and Siemens...

i tend to just enter configs in myself though - need to organise them a certain way on the devices and i have to get used to the setting's details anyhow (for work)

thanks,
    BrianG

Yep. Of the whole GPRS/MMS launch, the OTA system(WAP Settings and Media-tones, graphics) is a particular credit to Meteor's IT/Advanced Services departments-It is farely comprehensive and works pretty well.

And yeah, it is good to know how to enter the settings manually, I usually just suggest those links for simplicity. Particularly with the way its done in SE' s and Siemens' where there are two seperate locations for the settings and only certain settings go in each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 joe64716

Tried sorting it with the info on here, but it was out of date. Got it sorted:

Name: meteor data
    APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    mms protocol: wap 2.0
    mcc: 272
    mnc: 03

And it works great. I use it in Limerick/Dublin though, so I'm happy enough, always get an edge connection.

Advertisement