Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange database

• 12-12-2003 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any idea how I can link into a database I have, it look like foxpro but i'm unsure, the file extentions are .dbf but I cannot open it with access, or link into it.
    The name of the application that uses teh database is VOCIRE or OCCH.exe, I managed to get this from scouring through the .stf files that are in the program's directory

21/25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I don't know what you mean by link in.. depends what your working in or with... modern dbf files would usually be Foxpro based.. but could easily be older dBase or (god forbid) Clipper databases.

If you just need a viewer to see whats stored I'm sure a google search will return hundreds of applications that'll do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Nah the thing is this database was used previously for storing Hepatitus vaccinations results but it hasn't been used for quite a while, but now they need to extract the data out of it and export it into somthing friendly (Access or similar) I don't have the original set up disks or data or any paperwork.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

this has an export function..

http://www.dbfmanager.com/download/

export to something standard like a CSV file and then import into access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Excellent my friend works a treat, it even keeps all the formatting.
    Once again many thanks

21/25

Advertisement