Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i-stream enhanced disconnects with Zyxel modem.. anyone?

• 12-12-2003 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

Is this a unique problem, or are others experiencing it (as I'm not getting anywhere with i-stream support)...

I read of chap errors, and some such, but I get disconnected (and it seems to be the more connections in/out I've open, the more likely to be disconnected).

I use smoothwall at the moment, but ipCop was the same. Hell even windows disconnects (so I could get eircom to look into it).

This is all that appears in the logs of smoothwall...
    Dec 12 08:52:08 otto pppd[176]: No response to 3 echo-requests
    Dec 12 08:52:08 otto pppd[176]: Serial link appears to be disconnected.
    Dec 12 08:52:08 otto smoothwall: PPP has gone down on ppp0
    ... and nothing (reboot of smoothwall included) will reconnect until I power cycle the modem. The DSL link light is on at all times.

Eircom blame the modem, and it might very well be.. but before I fork out for a new one, I just wanted to know is this a bit more widespread than me?

I have a Zyxel Prestige 645M (modem, not router) on i-stream enhanced from Terenure exchange.

Cheers

.cg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

I have an idle DSL modem if you want to borrow to rule out the modem. I live in Templeogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Cheers MagicBusDriver, thats a decent offer, but I've one organised already for next week. Eircom were meant to be sending me out one 3 weeks ago now. Thanks again.

.cg

Advertisement