Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mp3 ripping software

• 12-12-2003 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

HI everyone
    I've got a newbie question . Please dont be offensive.
    What is the best ripping software for mp3
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

there are hundreds of options out there...
    i tend to use easy cd-da extractor, mostly for the option to rip a cd into one mp3 file...

don't let the name put you off either, there's loads of customisation to be done under the hood...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I like Audiograbber personally. It uses an exact copy system (like the ever popular EAC) and has a huge advantage of being able to use the CDDB data (the downloadable CD data, artis/album etc.) from when it rips the WAV to write the ID3 tags when you encode to mp3. So basically you don't need to do anything more than press rip/encode, it sets up all the song details for you. Use it and LAME as the encoder within it and you're set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

Exact Audio Copy.

It's just so much better than anything else. also it's completely free.

get it from http://www.exactaudiocopy.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by acid
    Exact Audio Copy.

It's just so much better than anything else. also it's completely free.

get it from http://www.exactaudiocopy.de

i use this but anytime i select rip to compressed audio it always rip to wav files that are like 30megs

how i stop this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Like Creed I rate audiograbber which can be used as a freeware version.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    i use this but anytime i select rip to compressed audio it always rip to wav files that are like 30megs

how i stop this?

download lame, go to file -> compression options -> external compression -> put in the path to the lame executable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Originally posted by Cr3m0

how i stop this?

Exact Audio Copy creates the WAVs, then you have to encode them. It's easier than it sounds though. If you want to make MP3s. just download a copy of LAME for windows, try http://www.idiap.ch/~sanders/not_lame/

Then unzip lame to somewhere and run the EAC configuration wizard.

If you're feeling daring, you can encode to vorbis audio instead, it sounds better and saves space over MP3, and Winamp and most other media players can play them. Does require a bit of command line use though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i had downloaded lame and it still does it.

when will software developers realise that ppl only want one click things for the simpliest of tasks.

i wish zlurp would support 2k/xp it was the best ripper of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tek

cheers fellas
    i ve made my mind : Audiograbber anb LAME as a set .

Motocycle -As the rush comes gonna rock da place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Nice choice in tunes :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

That motorcycle tune has been played _everywhere_
    I don't even see whats so special about it?
    Maybe cause its trance and I like techno? I dono

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by tman
    there are hundreds of options out there...
    i tend to use easy cd-da extractor, mostly for the option to rip a cd into one mp3 file...

don't let the name put you off either, there's loads of customisation to be done under the hood...

i headly endorse easy cd-da extractor, i generally rip a whole cd in 4mins & it downloads the track info for you

Advertisement