Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost my supervisor password IE VER 6.0

Options
  • 12-12-2003 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

HAS ANY1 GOT ANY TIPS info for me,,,i lost my supervisor password for internet explorer version 6.0 ,,is there any prog utility i can find on net that,,ll find it for me i,m ,,,i,m running win XP HOME VERSION on dell dimension pc 2 years old.i want to set up content ratings so my sisters daughter can use the net . is there any free prog for web protection,. download site .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

the password is stored in the registry at

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/Ratings

there is a binary vaule there called KEY which is the password encrypted, just delete it to remove the password, close internet explorer before you do it

this is ie5.5 on windows 2000, but its probably the same for xp, if not just do a search for ratings and you should find the key somewhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

the winxp reg layout is different i can find no reference to key anywhere in hklm section or anywhere else ,,ill try using google on this problem. thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its not different, i checked it on xp,

open regedit, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

then all the rest -> Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/Ratings

its there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

thanks very much i deleted SET and was able to put in new password .i appreciate your help.

Advertisement