Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Of Persia help?

Options
  • 12-12-2003 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

right well got this game yesterday and it's quite fun what with the running about on walls and the like. but i've gotten to the part where you fight the prince's father (i think) about 12% through the game, just after the booby-trapped courtyard. anyway - here's te problem..i can't kill the b*stard! him and his goonies keep killing me. and its soooo annoying. so does anyone know how to kill him? or failing that can somone tell me how to work the friggin' +9 (or +4) trainer? its in the root folder but it doesnt seem to do anything...
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Kill all his guards first. Most of the combat can be won by just "block, hit, block, hit". Try rolling around to the side or using the slo-mo mode. If you need a trainer for this battle, you should just give up now!

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Like the dude said, it's all about the tactics. Just backflip a lot, so that the enemies come at you from just one angle. This is probably the best tactic for when you're not used to the fighting in the game.

And as the guy says, take care of his guards first. They'll eventually stop respawning (after about 30 kills), which means you can focus all of your attention on the Prince's father.

And this is probably incredibly obvious, but I better ask it anyway, just to be sure.. are you killing them properly, by stabbing them in the heart when they're on the ground? If you're not doing this, then you're not killing them properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

ah right. yeah i stabbed them with the dagger and turned them into dust...but loads and loads just kept coming. don't think i got 30 kills anyway the king just kept killing me...ah well. i'll try again later on this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

a quick semi off topic post but is it worth the purchase? i hear good things but i was wondering if its worth spending my well earned uri gellars on? thanking you kindly in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Yelnahs
    a quick semi off topic post but is it worth the purchase? i hear good things but i was wondering if its worth spending my well earned uri gellars on? thanking you kindly in advance
    It's a lovely game, and lots of fun.. but it's over very quickly. I finished it in about 9 hours total. Of course, then it unlocked the original Prince of Persia for me, but that's not going to add too much to the overall value-for-money of the thing.

So it depends if you like shelling out a lot of cash for 9 hours of really good gaming. I'd say shop around, or buy it second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

um right. one last question. i've killed all his guards and what-not and he's just left. i've no sand power thing left (except the circle's for rewind etc. the half-moons beside them are empty) and i've been doing the run at him-jump over him-and stab with the dagger (hitting him) for the last 10 minutes....how exactly do you kill him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by ObeyGiant
    So it depends if you like shelling out a lot of cash for 9 hours of really good gaming. I'd say shop around, or buy it second hand.
    *points to play.com*
    it's £17.99 at the moment for some strange reason

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

ah good old play.com i shall buy Price of Persia along with my new copy of Pro Evo 3, as my lil sis broke my other copy. 9 hours maybe true, but im gettin broken sword and they said thats 10 hours, so at elast they can keep each other company :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

how exactly do you kill him?

Keep hitting him, jumping over or around(roll) and keep slashin him. When he falls over stab him with the dagger.

Advertisement