Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone tried out the N-gage?

Options
  • 12-12-2003 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Anyone had a go with the N-gage yet? I've read some really bad reviews of the phone and even gamespot who appear to have been given a fair ammount of money from Nokia are giving most of the games very low scores. I'm thinking this is going to be the failure that everyone is forecasting, but on the other hand Nokia are putting an awful lot of money in PR behide this piece of kit and that's won out in the past. I've had a go with one of the phones at a stand myself and couldn't really decide either way in the 5 minutes I was playing it but the screen seemed a bit small and the controls uncomfortable. Are there any proud owners out there who are willing to defend their purchase?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭smiling_time

nope i dont have one but i used one for a few minutes.the games are ok but id never buy one.id never carry a phone like that around.sure you'd need huge pockets and even a slight bang off something and you could damage it easily.the waiting time for an XDA to be repaired is 7/8 wks so id hate to imagine what it would be like for an n gage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

of of my housemates got one as a freebie, using it as a phone is fairly crap (shape etc) but I was playing tony hawk on it & was fairly cool, but having to swich off the phone to change the game is just stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeh, I have to agree with phoenix, surely they could come up with a way of hotswapping the games.

THe biggest drawback tho imo, is the design of the phone. The mix and speaker are on the SIDE of the phone rather than the front, so when your on the phone to somebody, you look like you have a fisbee lodged in your head. Not good at all.

Bluetooth gaming is a great idea, but i dont think this is the phone that will kick start it.

Advertisement