Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Machines, one modem connection. Is it possible?

Options
  • 04-01-2000 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Just a quick question. Sure to Pi55 of Jedi smile.gif. Is is possible to access connect 2 machine and go on-line using the modem connected to one of the machines. If so, How? and what software do I need for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

You Bollock ;D

You Bollock wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Yes it is. I'm doing it now. smile.gif
    What you will need is a network card in each machine. Once you have that, tis easy. Do you have two network cards?

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Yep smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Get wingate, 2 nw cards in each pc, a hub or a crossover cable, mix them together, stir for half an hour and hey presto..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

FYI

I'm in the same boat. Jaden, i still havent tried that Sambar progy you told me about. But was using winproxy for all my usual app stuff internet, irc etc etc, and was tring to use Nitro2 proxy for QW and Q2 available from nitro.vekoduck.com, a very cool little progy. Using it for Q2, my Q2 it crashes out after 3 or 4 mins of successfull play, with CL_PARSEblahblahblah INVALID SERVER MESSAGE, blahblahblah because each time it crashes this message varies.

Anyways, thats the Joy i've had so far, will be trying that Sambar thingymabob tonight i'd say.

Running the two machines over the one modem only added and extra 50 to the pings with no extra packet loss.

FYI

I'm in the same boat. Jaden, i still havent tried that Sambar progy you told me about. But was using winproxy for all my usual app stuff internet, irc etc etc, and was tring to use Nitro2 proxy for QW and Q2 available from nitro.vekoduck.com, a very cool little progy. Using it for Q2, my Q2 it crashes out after 3 or 4 mins of successfull play, with CL_PARSEblahblahblah INVALID SERVER MESSAGE, blahblahblah because each time it crashes this message varies.

Anyways, thats the Joy i've had so far, will be trying that Sambar thingymabob tonight i'd say.

Running the two machines over the one modem only added and extra 50 to the pings with no extra packet loss.

Wingate my ********. That is an utter piece of ****e. Ure ****ing better off with a **** shoved up ure **** .

Get a crossover cable (or make one, I can tell you how if need be.)

Download Sambar (Version 4.2) from Tucows. Tis freeware, and easy to use. Install it on the PC with the modem. Read the documentation, and violá, it will allow HTTP, FTP, IRC, SMTP, POP and almost any other traffic to be passed, on any port. It will even dial on demand, should you require so. I use it all the time, and it doth rock.
    Mail me at jaden@eircom.net if you get stuck on anything.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Will it provide IP forwarding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Where can i get Sambar?

• Advertisement

Read the post Pres.

IP Forwarding, yes.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Jaden,

Sambar is deadlorish tongue.gif I just replaced my gammy gateway with it. its handy dandy.

Only problem is that the freeware version doesnt have Socks 4/5 capability and you need the pro version of it. Anyone got the full ver of it or a key to get the pro version? (just for evaluation purposes smile.gif

Ahh, Another convert to the house of Sambar. smile.gif I'll see if I can dig up the reg key, but you have to promise that it's only for evaluation purposes smile.gif.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I use Carbon Copy to get my other pc to act as terminal to my main machine, mainly becuase I want all my e-mail in one place.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

Advertisement