Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is LIDLS widescreen TV flatscreen???

Options
  • 12-12-2003 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

is lidl's widescreen tv flatscreen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

prob does exactly what it says on the tin.
    if it says plasma then it flat screen, if it says widescreen then there prob a good chance that it widescreen. doubt if lidl would offer cheap plasma tvs

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

flatscreen does NOT mean plasma , a flatscreen tv is a crtr set with a vertically and horizontally flat screen, up 2 very recently( dont know if its still the case, only SOny were doing flatscreens that also had flat tubes, everyone else uses curved tbes with a flat piece of glass in front, so its still technically flatscreen . plus all plasmas that ive seen r widescreen , ive yet to see a 4:3 plasma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Do you have a link to that Lidl TV? Don't see anything about it on their current or forthcoming specials pages.
    only SOny were doing flatscreens that also had flat tubes
    This was true for a long time indeed. Mitsubishi and Loewe were next on the market with flat tube (as opposed to flat screen, if you get my drift) TVs. Then Mitsubishi sold the tube to other manufacturers, so now tons of manufacturers have 'proper' flat screen CRT TVs.

ive yet to see a 4:3 plasma
    Just in case you're interested (which you probably aren't !) Pioneer do a 4:3 40" plasma monitor. It is only really popular in pubs (you'll see some in that well known rugby pub in Donnybrook, can't think of the name of it). Rarely is there a need for a 4:3 panel, and I think Pioneer are in the process of discontinuing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

It could be ALDI. Whichever of them released a Widescreen TV a while ago. Anyway I have got one for Christmas as a present but its wrapped, Believe me I know its the Widescreen, but anyway I want to know if its Flat Screen. Does anybody know?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I would imagine that it's unlikely to be flatscreen. It would be a nice surprise if I was wrong though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement