Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuttle XPCs

• 12-12-2003 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I recently bought a Shuttle XPC from EMVI in England ( http://www.emvi-htpc.com ). Worked out cheaper than Komplett and Elara and they also had a much wider range of stock. Also sell Hard Disks, CPUs, RAM, ect.

The customer service was first class and unlike Komplett my partial order was sent straight away with the other parts sent in a second delivery. Payment is by PayPal and delivery is within 2 days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 biffa001

I have also bought from Emvi and their prices are very reasonable and their staff very helpful and informative.

I had a lot of questions to ask before my purchase but they were always glad to help out via email or MSN (emvi_htpc@hotmail.com if you need it). :D

Highly recommended.

(And they also take nochex, bank transfers, check and postal orders in case you thought they only took Paypal!):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

does anyone else smell a rat here? someone creates an a/c just to praise a website? and then lists all the possible ways of paying "in case you thought they only took Paypal" maybe im just cynical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

i agree, nothing special about website either

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

Well my post was genuine anyway. Their customer service was very good, it came quickly and it was a good deal so I'm happy. They also sell on eBay so you can check out some references there. Of course they could all be faked. Oh wait, now I'm being cynical....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

dont mind them...they're just Devore's Gaurd dogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

how much did the shipping cost

and who delivered if courier??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    does anyone else smell a rat here? someone creates an a/c just to praise a website?

agreed, but they are selling 512megs of ram for 50 quid :eek:

if you know anywhere else that sells memory that cheap, plz do tell as I'm after 512megs

[edit] oh wait, that was sterling.. so its about 70 euro, still aint bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I didn't think you could use Paypal from Ireland. How do you do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Um, I've used paypal to gerany before, I know theirs currency change but I don't think it would be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

in ireland u can use paypal to pay for goods and u can accept paypal for goods, but in ireland u cant transferr funds you might have recieved in your paypalaccount to a bank account, you can dothis in the UK and USA,

so if someone pays you by paypal u just use the money against something else that takes paypal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

ando, try

http://pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk/

you forgot to add postage to that price with courier it could be £20. stg

Originally posted by Smithers
    in ireland u can use paypal to pay for goods and u can accept paypal for goods, but in ireland u cant transferr funds you might have recieved in your paypalaccount to a bank account, you can dothis in the UK and USA,

so if someone pays you by paypal u just use the money against something else that takes paypal

HOw do you get money into it?

does anyone else smell a rat here? someone creates an a/c just to praise a website? and then lists all the possible ways of paying "in case you thought they only took Paypal" maybe im just cynical

sorry...it was just that as the chap who started this thread said "payment is via paypal" and I had bought from them too and noticed they take other payments I thought I would let people know.....I though we were trying to give other people the facts about a good company worth buying from?

Ans I am new to the boards, so what? We all have to start somewhere!!!

Just use your credit card. Easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

Just to clarify a few things:

Delivery was by courier (I think it was parceline) and cost 40 euros which was cost price for EMVI from what I saw on a receipt that came with the delivery. I doubt its worth it just to buy RAM but they might be flexible so it would be best to email them.

As for whether it is a bargin or not all I can say is I looked around at a lot of places and they were the best value I found. Elara were a lot more expensive and Komplett had very little stock and a much smaller range. This was the case with other places I tried as well.

Finally as to smelling a rat or not, all I can say is my post was genuine and I don't know posted the follow up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Sell something and accept payment via paypal ..... and IIRC you will be able to withdraw funds from your paypal account in Ireland in the new year ... (or am I going mad?)

Originally posted by BigEejit
    Sell something and accept payment via paypal ..... and IIRC you will be able to withdraw funds from your paypal account in Ireland in the new year ... (or am I going mad?)

Well if that was the only way it would be useless but as someone else posted you can use a credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also i wouldn't trust a company that has a hotmail.com account just doesn't seem right if the company doesn't have sales@companyname.com

also i wouldn't trust a company that has a hotmail.com account just doesn't seem right if the company doesn't have sales@companyname.com

You misunderstod me, the hotmail is only for MSN contact, which I used to speak to someone their with a few questions I had. The email adddress I used for my order was sales@emvi-htpc.com

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ok i retract from this topic :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

that biffa001 is quite dodgy :)

wouldnt touch them with a 20 foot pole after his first reply

• Advertisement

is quite dodgy

oh gee - thanks :mad:

First time posting on the Boards I've been reading for months and I just get stick for posting info that I thought would be useful for others.....what a friendly bunch of guys.....:eek:

Last time I try and be helpful.....

BTW - my post WAS geniune too.

Originally posted by biffa001
    oh gee - thanks :mad:

First time posting on the Boards I've been reading for months and I just get stick for posting info that I thought would be useful for others.....what a friendly bunch of guys.....:eek:

Last time I try and be helpful.....

BTW - my post WAS geniune too.

...that not stick. He is entitled to his opinion as you are to yours. If you're that delicate you might want to avoid the admin forums....

He is entitled to his opinion as you are to yours.

too true, too true :)
    you might want to avoid the admin forums....

what are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Apparently

www.gemma.co.uk

is also good on prices for shuttles.

Not ordered from them but they were recommended by someone here on boards..

Originally posted by biffa001
    too true, too true :)

what are they?

Its one of the sub collections of forums where people are meant to post suggestions and queries about the forums themselves. But generally any poster other than mods or admins gets a "rogering" if they post there. Especially if its a complaint about something.

How do you get the prices of those shuttle on that site. Very poor site layout, navigation.

How do you get the prices of those shuttle on that site. Very poor site layout, navigation.

If you mean Gemma I think you have to download a PDF file to get their prices as I did that once before (I have it here somewhere). But as for purchasing from them it looks like the phone...yuck!

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Not that I'm defending Gemma's website (it's just plain awful), but click on ONLINE ORDERING on the left, and then Catalogue. You can order online (why would you think you can't??).

For international orders you have to put something in your basket (a dummy item for intl shipping), but the site explains it when you go through the order process. Their shipping was pretty fast when I ordered something from them, but their website is really really bad.

Originally posted by koneko
    Not that I'm defending Gemma's website (it's just plain awful), but click on ONLINE ORDERING on the left, and then Catalogue. You can order online (why would you think you can't??).

For international orders you have to put something in your basket (a dummy item for intl shipping), but the site explains it when you go through the order process. Their shipping was pretty fast when I ordered something from them, but their website is really really bad.

I tried putting stuff in the basket, but it kept getting it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Odd, worked when I ordered something a while back.

Looks like their site is even worse than I originally thought then :p

• Advertisement

but their website is really really bad.

Hence why I had to call them up for my order, and then decided to go to Emvi to save my phonebill and time.

Easy online shop and quick delivery. In this age of instant gratification, I can't be doing with using the telephone....:p I want to order and forget! (until my package arrives of course..)

Advertisement