Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube Owners shafted?

Options
  • 12-12-2003 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

I just went into Gamestop to buy my brother a Xmas pressie...

I came out with pre-owned PS2 copies of 'The Getaway', 'MGS2' and 'Max Payne' for less than 40squid...

I then went over to the GC section to indulge myself.. You'd be lucky to find a copy of SSBM2 for less than 40... I just wanna know why ps2 games are so much cheaper than gc? I mean the players choice games aren't anywhere near as good value as the platinum range... I even found a preowned copy of the new medal of honour for ps2, i couldn't find double dash orviewtiful joe tho :(

I just wanna know why..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

suppose cause ps2 is more popular than gc, aswell gamestop have only been opened a short while so there wouldnt be many trade-ins as of yet. i mean, who want to part with their gc games.

also i think ps2 owners dont have the same attention span as gc owners. just a personal opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i thought gamestops buyout included all of gamesworld's old stock?

i'm astounded that they'd sell a 1st hand game for €40 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Those games you stated have sold much more than Super Smash Bros. Melee, hence the low price (they probably have loads of copies of those games also).

And your inability to find Mario Kart: DD!! and Viewtiful Joe is because they're relatively new games that, like what I said above, don't and won't sell as many copies as the PS2 games you mentioned. And like Jimeatsmenu said, some people wouldn't part with them as easily as say, Medal of Honor: RS, which is a PS2 game (in your case) and a number one at the time of it's release (and probably still is).

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

interesting, i wouldnt think they wud be that expensive also, after all u can buy a GC with Mario Kart DD, The New Bond, A Star Wars game and the 5 disk Zelda pack for 150 yippos in Game, odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Yelnahs
    interesting, i wouldnt think they wud be that expensive also, after all u can buy a GC with Mario Kart DD, The New Bond, A Star Wars game and the 5 disk Zelda pack for 150 yippos in Game, odd.

wa? you sure. it this is true might play game a visit tomorrow. xmas pressies can wait another week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

What's on the five disk zelda pack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it's 1 disk with 4 old zelda games (2x nes & 2x n64) and a demo of the new one...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

yep positive, from game on grafton street. 4 of my mates bought it on the same day, 600 quid :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

PS2 is how many years old now compared to GC ?
    When the console ages, prices will drop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

You'd be lucky to find a copy of SSBM2 for less than 40

got it for 15:99 in perfect condition. Mate got it for 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

In the branch of game where i work theres quite a lot of preowned stuff for bout 20 squid...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

SSMB's worth the €40 anyway, it's the only game i played consistently for more than a few weeks, still go back to it every time i have someone to occupy the other controllers(or when i want to hear the young link music)

ps. i saw it for €12.99 not too long ago in gamestop

apologies for off topicness

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

/slightly off-topic, but ;)

Gamestop eh? Thought they were the lads that bought Gamestation alright. Here in Americania, they're not too bad. Good PC section - bit small but you can't argue with Serious Sam 2 for the equivalent of (checks xe.com) €5.73!!

(YAY! Did the euro sign!!)

Good staff, seemed to know their stuff and weren't afraid to admit it if they didn't. Wonder how will translate transatlantically (real word?)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement