Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin and Monaghan Bombings

Options
  • 12-12-2003 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I think that the Report into the Dublin and Monaghan Bombings has to be welcomed but actions need to be taken.

People should be held responsible be they politicians or police or who ever.

Justice delayed is justice denied.

The familys who lost loved ones - deserve to know the full truth.

This report needs to be acted upon swiftly in the interests of justice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Originally posted by Cork
    I think that the Report into the Dublin and Monaghan Bombings has to be welcomed but actions need to be taken.
    People should be held responsible be they politicians or police or who ever.
    Justice delayed is justice denied.
    The familys who lost loved ones - deserve to know the full truth.
    This report needs to be acted upon swiftly in the interests of justice.

And what about our lot? When will we see haughey up on trial? Or Bertie tried for fraud on his resume?

I'm all for seeing justice served - but I'd rather not see the quest for justice in one case block the quest for it in a dozen others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Justice ?
    Will not happen for the relatives nor for any politician implicated for negligence via any tribunal/inquiry.

Reason ? - I'll scratch your back and you'll scratch mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Sparks
    And what about our lot? When will we see haughey up on trial? Or Bertie tried for fraud on his resume?

I'm all for seeing justice served - but I'd rather not see the quest for justice in one case block the quest for it in a dozen others.

Lets not drag this offtopic onto a "crooked damned politicians" thread just yet, please...

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Originally posted by bonkey
    Lets not drag this offtopic onto a "crooked damned politicians" thread just yet, please...
    Neat trick for a thread that starts by saying the British government bears responsibility for the bombings of Dublin and Monaghan...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Sorry...I meant to say "crooked damned Irish politicians".

My bad.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think that the relevant authoritys should have taken action after these bombings.

The relatives and friends who lost their lives deserved better.

I think that - we as Irish people deserve answers - why acts that lead to the loss of many lives in Dublin & Monaghan were not properly investigated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Originally posted by Sparks
    Neat trick for a thread that starts by saying the British government bears responsibility for the bombings of Dublin and Monaghan...

Actually sparks I think you'll find you were the first and only person to mention the British government. Cork just mentioned politicians and police. I havent been following the Report much but I believe both governments were criticised??

Advertisement