Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Disconnected (IOL BB)

• 13-12-2003 3:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

OK got ADSL a couple of weeks ago, now heres the problem:

Every time I answer the phone when theres an incoming call or when I make a phone call I get disconnected, I have no idea why this is I checked the cabling and found no problems.

I have two wires coming into my house (The telephone wires) Is this correct green & orange.

I was told that the adsl is separate to the analog telephone calls (separate wires) but I dont think this is the case.

Could someone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance joe.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

DSL and phone calls use the same wires but operate over different frequencies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Have you got the microfilters that came with BB package installed in EVERY single phone connection point in the home?. They afto be installed in every socket that's being used otherwise you will get weird problems.....kinda like the ones you describe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Thats great only had the one microfilter on my comp connection, But know that I have every socket fitted with a microfilter,

I lose connection at regular intervals?????

Thanks joe.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

If you have every socket filtered and aren't putting the modem through a filter than it sounds like a line problem.

Try hooking the modem up to the main phone socket (inside your front door usually) and see if you're getting the same problem. This happened me and my ISP had BT do a line test which showed a fibre break at the exchange and they sorted it out within a few hours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Thanks for the help, seems to be sorted now using the phone + DSL and not getting disconnected (((Finally)))?

Thanks joe.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement