Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Technical problem with line

• 13-12-2003 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

My line keeps dropping constantly, It has taken me ages to realize why, everytime someone rings my house or I make an out going call the line just stops. The modem says I'm still connect but nothing. I'm pretty sure its a filter problem, I used the one that eircom installed with the trials so I never got a UTV one. Now I've had problem with this splitter, and basically connected the modem straight into the phone line. I was assured this wouldn't cause a problem, but it clearly has. Any suggestions? where could I purchase a splitted. I have one micro filter buts its UK standard.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You DON'T put the modem through a microfilter or it won't work. You put analog devices (like your phone) through the microfilter. They are available in any big electrical store like Peats or Maplin.
    Also you can order them online, do a search on google.

Advertisement