Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiguide question.

Options
  • 13-12-2003 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

I've just paid e11.50 for an annual subscription to digiguide and the site has given it the required serial number etc. A warning came with the code that said I can only use the code I was given on 3 computers and presumably since I've already used it on my own then I only have the option to use it on 2 other computers, which is fair enough.

Thing is - I'm planning to format my harddrive ASAP. So does that mean once I reinstall Digiguide again and reenter the serial that'll I only have '1' computer left? Does this mean I cannot reformat my computer more than 2 times in the next 12 months if I want to avoid paying for Digiguide again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

AFAIK theat part of the licence is enforced morally rather than technologically. I've installed it a few times after reformatting without problems.

Obviously if they suddenly notice more than three (or hundreds) of IP addresses downloading updates at the same time using the same installed serial they may take steps.

In any case if you do have problems (which I'm pretty sure you won't) drop them a mail and they'll reset whatever it is they need to reset.

The digiguide site has a forum that is monotored by gypseymedia staff so it would probably be the perfect place to get a definitive answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thanks for all that info sceptre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Digiguide sends your reg to the GipsyMedia servers each time it updates, so exactly as sceptre said they'll cop if it's being used on more than a small few machines. For obvious reasons they won't say how they check it, but I reckon it's some sort of hashcode generated by hardware config on install or Windows product code. Maybe not.

Reminds me... I'll need to renew soon.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

New Year will be my third using Digiguide too :)
    Although I hate it! :p I hate the way it's helping me turn into a desk-potato! I've got a TV card in the PC which, combined with a plugin, opens up the TV app on the right station automatically when a fave prog starts. Problem is that I've quite a lot of progs marked!

It's such a great application :)

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

You should get a job for them, I have both card and guide for over a year and haven't figured out how to get them to work together yet, I tried once and failed but I have a tv here so it's not a need, maybe if I had a critical tv emergency.

Originally posted by Fabritzo
    You should get a job for them, I have both card and guide for over a year and haven't figured out how to get them to work together yet, I tried once and failed but I have a tv here so it's not a need, maybe if I had a critical tv emergency.
    Is it a WinTV card?

It is what it's.

Advertisement