Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Situation on fees for coming Sept

Options
  • 13-12-2003 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Are the college fees of E670 going to go up again in 2004.
    I read somewhere they would go up 3.5% as of inflation rate, but will they be upped more??

Has the government made a decision on this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think its staying at 670 for this year at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

What I've heard is that Dempsey is pushing for a fee of about a grand in committee meetings. How true this I don't know (it could be just a ploy for people to feel happier about paying "just 800" but then again it's not like they're making the rumour public) but I did hear it directly from one of the evil ones (ie a non-country boyo effeff teedee). I wouldn't expect any announcement to be made before next July for two reasons - it's when the DoE tend to inform colleges how much money they're getting directly from the department as a subsidy and it's right after the local elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

An increase of 80 euro was announced in November

http://www.usi.ie/usi/asp/section.asp?s=160

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Aye that one's come though but it may well not be the last one before the start of the next academic year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement