Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full time scores and scorers 13/12/03

• 13-12-2003 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

FA BARCLAYCARD PREMIERSHIP
    Leicester City 0 - 2 Birmingham
    Elliott s/o 38 Morrison 42
    Walker s/o 61 Forssell 66

Man Utd 3 - 1 Man City
    Scholes 7,72 Wright-Phillips 52
    V Nistelrooy 34

Chelsea 1 - 2 Bolton
    Crespo 22 N'Gotty 39
    Terry Og 90

Liverpool 1 - 2 Southampton
    Heskey 75 Ormerod 2
    Svensson 64

Middlesbrough 0 - 0 Charlton

Newcastle 4 - 0 Tottenham
    Robert 35,55
    Shearer 59,66

Portsmouth 1 - 2 Everton
    Roberts 15 Carsley 27
    Rooney 42

Chelsea v bolton good result for UTD and Arsenal leaving United tops at least until the gunners play sunday. A bit early to say for sure but is the pressure starting to tell on chelski or are they just having a minor blip? Another 3 Home points lost for Liverpool . with Newcastle winning well another gap opening up there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Another 3 Home points lost for Liverpool

Ohhh joy! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Ohhh joy!

When did u get out?

sorry for being the bearer of bad news but you must be getting used to it by now
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

Should be fun tuning in to the radio sports phone-in shows to hear those scousers whinge.

How much longer Mr. Houllier ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Yet another team terrified by Fortress Anfield !!!!:D :rolleyes: ;)

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Well Chelsea have only themselves to blame set pieces have been our achilles heel all season and we should have buried all those chances before Bolton equalised.
    Glen Johnson is showing signs of immaturity and also has a slight attitude problem was dropped after the win at Reading.
    Mutu is playing well but hasn't scored in 9.
    Duff superb in first half quiet in the second
    Lamps is shattered was subbed today for the first time in god knows.
    can't understand why Gallas was on bench, Dessa is old and was done for pace by Nolan.
    Credit to Bolton though.

Soton were v comfortable today Liverpool has lots of possession but no cutting edge at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Liverpool had plenty of cutting edge it is just a shame it was left on the bench till the last 25 minutes. Pongolle and Le Tallec are good enough to play every damm game since they arrived. You loose a fast paced forward and you have a perfect replacement on the bench yet one chooses to leave him off for most the game. When he does come on along with le Tallec the whole game turns around.

I watched the whole game on canal zap and tbh southhampton fully deserved the win. How Houllier sees the game is beyond me, he praised the performance ffs anyone could see the performance was terrible bar when the two young lads came on.

Ah well, Leeds win tomorrow still only 3 points from 4th (wahey). Oh yes one of the best bits of the game has to be Jon Otsemobor, he played really really well. Each time he got the ball he shot up the field and was unlucky on a great solo run not to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

yer that Liverpool youngster was very impressive. Soton were on top till they scored their 2nd before Liverpool woke up (helped indeed by the youngsters).

Chelsea shoulda had it in the bag after the first half (85% possesion or something) but credit to bolton they hung in there and managed a lucky goal. (lucky in that terry deflected it in and lucky that campo didnt have a fre kick given against him)

Man u looked good today with Scholes looking class (except for that nuts for the goal ;) )

Arsenal vs B'Burn tomorrow. Might be a decent game that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

You loose a fast paced forward and you have a perfect replacement on the bench yet one chooses to leave him off for most the game.

You would have to qusetion his decisions, it was only after bad press earlier on that he actually started to play an attacking formation with players in their best position and they got a few good results. Its time for someone with agood knowledge of Liverpool history and the english style game to take over and try and put liverpool FC where they belongas genuine Challengers instead of makeweights.

There will be no quick fix IMO as a lot of their players are simply not good enough but the sooner they start the better. This season is over for the pool as far as the title is concerned . I think now is the time to replace him so that the new manager will have a good idea by the summer who is good enough to stay and who goes.
    He won,t have any pressure for a few months while he makes those decisions and could have Liverpool better prepared for the start of next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Heh I had a feeling that Chelsea would beat Bolton so I had a tenner on them :) Think it was about 11/1 :D Oh happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Heh I had a feeling that Chelsea would beat Bolton so I had a tenner on them Think it was about 11/1 Oh happy day

:confused::confused::confused:

Tinky

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Villa 3 - 2 Wolves
    Arsenal 1 - 0 Blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Arse should have scored more but there were 2 big incidents for Blackburn in the game.

1. A Babbel disallowed goal in fairness I think it was the right decision but I wonder if it would have been given if it was at Ewood?
    2. a corner for Rovers and Lehman fumbles and the ref thinks he's pushed, not at all he held back a Blackburn player should have been a penno.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

how about a peno for arsenal after a blackburn player pushes henry out of the way!

the ref was ****e and so too the linesman

could have been 4-0 but 3 points is all that matters at the end:D

guess whos top of the table?:confused:;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by jank
    how about a peno for arsenal after a blackburn player pushes henry out of the way!

the ref was ****e and so too the linesman

could have been 4-0 but 3 points is all that matters at the end:D

guess whos top of the table?:confused:;)
    jank, why do you treat every miniscule comment made against Arsenal like an assault on your mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Doh meant to say that I thought Chelsea would LOSE to Bolton and I had a tenner on Bolton :)

Sorry got a bit excited :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by kif
    jank, why do you treat every miniscule comment made against Arsenal like an assault on your mother?

bit of an over reaction there kif
    im just giving my view on the game thats all and i made no reference to anybody else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Two candidates for goal of the season from Laurent Robert I think :)

Now if only he'd play like that every week..

Advertisement