Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD RW burner problem

• 13-12-2003 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

Ive got a CD RW 24x24x48 speed. The problem is it wont burn any CDS for me, It will read a CD and play a CD. Ive tried re-installing the software Roxio and it still wont burn for me. I get errors saying that the blank CD im using is incompatible. Ive tried other blank CDs and still no joy!!. I cant burn a cd to cd or create my own cd. The CDRW drive did work perfectly before with my blank CDs, It seems to be the actual laser that burns the cds...Its only 18months old.
    Could the drive be dirty and if so whats the best way of cleaning it? Or could it be something else, Hopefully the drive isnt broken, I havent burned a stupid amount of CDs on it.

Any help??

Hertz:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well, this is probably not much help, but if it is knackered you can get a shiny new 52x CDRW drive for about 50 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Same thing shappened to me when I upgraded to XP Pro, got all the correct drivers etc, got everything I can, but all blank cd's are coming up as non-recordable. :( I'm looking at getting a new one. Seems like the best solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭hertz

I did up grade to xp pro recently, and the burner did work fine until other day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

...In that case you're luckier than me! :D

Advertisement