Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Ireland - DVD CD Kombi System - €139.99 @ Lidl

• 13-12-2003 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Lidl - from Thursday, 18.12.

A good price, but I cannot find out who makes it or model number etc. cant find it on the web either

can anyone help?

tks

Neonitrix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I'd be interested too, dropped in to my local LIDL today and picked up their printed leaflet, which usually has more detail/clearer photos than the website/newsletter, but not a damned brand name in site...!

Did a Google on the keywords, 'though, and couldn't see anything equivalent for less than US$200 (before shipping/handling, which would be prohibitive on an item like this)

Looks like another fonkin' good deal from our Germanic buddies — and if you're disappointed afterwards, I've always found them very accommodating about returning goods... :) (at least I hope they will be if I decide I don't need the three mp3-CD players I bought this morning at €49.99 a pop... ;))

LIDL über alles...!

peckerkopf

P.S. Neonitrix, how does one graduate from being a 'cool' newbie to a 'fast' one? First half-century..? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Are those MP3/CD players any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

The only problem with this is the satellites are woefully underpowered (7w is worse that a joke)

They have a home theatre system on sale from Monday for €140 aswell. This one has 20w satellites, which while not the best will be more than sufficent for any living room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

http://www.powercity.ie/

power city are doing a Venturer dvd home system sts-21 for €139
    dont know the specs though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Anemone

I think the home theatre system LIDL will be selling next Monday (22/12) is this one:

http://www.cat-sound.com/cat/pdfs/db_htc-2050.pdf

PS: It's in German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Here's the one they are selling. Slightly more info than the Irish site. It's branded as Bench (same as the mp3 cd player iirc).

Lidl Austria in german but easily understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭frost

Is there a multiregion hack for this?
    Don't know a lot about hooking these things up, but can you push the TV and video through the same speakers, or do they only work when playing DVDs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

theres a hack here http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/thread.asp?Forum=176&Thread=244495
    not sure if it disables macrovision.got one myself and think its pretty good. how does this compare to a 400 watt system ?

Frost, if you're asking these questions about the HTC-2050 (on sale in Lidl today), I've queried the multi-region issue with both the German manufacturer & the Irish service agent. I'll post here if I get an answer.

Regarding putting sound from the TV & Video through this system, you have two options. There's a L/R aux audio input that you can connect pretty much an sound source through (eg X-Box, VCR, TV). But you might not need this. If you connect the DVD player to your telly with the supplied Scart lead, it should pick up the sound output from the TV (it does on my Sony TV anyway). To get this to work you'll need to press the Source button on the remote a few times, to get it to switch over to using the Scart for input.

HTH.

Anemone

thanks for that. heard from someone who was at LIDL this morning that they were flying off the shelves.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil Mayto. That region free hack worked on mine.

Frost, I bought my HTC-2050 in LIDL Youghal this morning, at 9:20AM. There was only 5 of them left when I went in, and I saw 2 others being bought while I was there. I'd say there isn't a snowball's that there's any left anywhere now.

I've been playing around with mine for the last few mins. DVD picture quality is top class (IMHO) but JPG viewing is only so-so, as the exposure is way off. MP3 & CD playback is good. The general sound quality is pretty good, but just a bit tinney. I was able to tweak it a bit by playing with the advanced setup (changing the speakers over to 'large' mode helps a bit, as does changing the relative volume of the different channels). Probably the biggest disappointment is the Sub, as it lacks any real punch. Overall I'm very happy though, as the sound is very acceptable, and given the cost -v- features, it is very good value.

yah i figured i wouldn't get one, but while i was looking around i found some others at for example argos & dixons (and apparently powercity but i didn't check). spec for spec and from what you just said, it sounds like the lidl one was a good bargain. happy DVDing.
    i'm sure santa will find something else nice for me ;-)

Advertisement