Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPRS vodafone

Options
  • 13-12-2003 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

hi there can anyone tell me if there is a maximum amount of data per month or whatever that a customer is alowed to use on Vodafone's GPRS eg for going online and getting pop email say on a p800 or similar enabled phone? its just that last month for about a week i could'nt access my pop email or interent browser (p800) i kept getting the error message "Activation rejected" ? then after a few days i was back in business and things were working as normal! now in the last few days i cant access again, i have to say i've used a lot of GPRS data in the last month
    (a sick amount!) and was wondering if there was a maximum amount per month a customer can use, similar to a net connection/website/max monthly bandwith etc

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Put simply, no.

With regard to the problems you were having with GPRS, from memory, there was one outage two weeks ago due to maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 lectrosoul

thanks for that. do you think its at all possible that somehow GPRS has been disabled on my sim/account for some reason?

the reason i say this is that i was awy in th caribbean in october and when i came home i couldnt even send sms's etc, i was told be someone on vodafone tech support that my sim/.settings on the network may have reset or been chnged due to me being away, i brought my p800 with me and it was turned on the odd occasion when i was doing PDA type stuff i never thought to take the sim out and although i had no coverage over there, this i was told may have messed with my settings on my network once i got home..

"activation rejected" came up then when trying to connect to email GPRS and sms's would'nt send but i rang Vodafone and they said 'oh it looks like your number is'nt setup on the network for both"? so that fixed my sms's but i had no GPRS for a week? i called vodafone a couple of times in the last week since my GPRS is gone again but im still without My GPRS :(

thanks again for your reply.. im badly needing this fixed:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

there have been two occasions where after using a SIM in a P800 and then returning it to another handset - SMS would stop working on Vodafone for that SIM... thought it was a damaged SIM on the first one but it was very odd the exact same thing happned the second time... general support just sent out new SIMs - but ended up they needed to re-enable it on their end anyhow... different circumstances in that i was stuck in Dublin (and unfortunately not the Caribbean ;))

i can't turn on the P800 without a SIM in it, you can however choose 'flight mode' when you turn in on and it will enable the PDA functionality without the radios (GSM/GPRS and Bluetooth)

have you tried Voda data support 1850 287 000 (not regular support, in case that's who you have been calling) for the GPRS issue? they are usually good - making sure you call them from a differnet number so you can do all that turning off/on the handset etc...

and as far Voda having a max amount of data for GPRS - in my experience how ever much you use it they are happy to take every cent from you ;)

BrianG

the reason i say this is that i was awy in th caribbean in october and when i came home i couldnt even send sms's etc, i was told be someone on vodafone tech support that my sim/.settings on the network may have reset or been chnged due to me being away, i brought my p800 with me and it was turned on the odd occasion when i was doing PDA type stuff i never thought to take the sim out and although i had no coverage over there, this i was told may have messed with my settings on my network once i got home..

I reckon that when you return home, that you ares till registering on the foreign network.. This would definetly be the case if you you had problems making or receiving calls also. This can be solved very simply though. If its not this, reseting your sms ability will solve the problem..

With regard to what I said earlier, there was maintenance carried out on some aspects of the GPRS network. Part of the effect of this on some customers, was that there GPRS settings on the network, specifically their APNS, were reset. Again, this can be solved very simply..

and as far Voda having a max amount of data for GPRS - in my experience how ever much you use it they are happy to take every cent from you

And I thought I was critical of them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 lectrosoul

thanks guys for your replies ill give that data number a call, i was just on to regular support people who did'nt tell me anything about a problem with GPRS last week etc so perhaps thats it?
    again thanks
    Lectrosoul

• Advertisement

Originally posted by lectrosoul
    thanks guys for your replies ill give that data number a call, i was just on to regular support people who did'nt tell me anything about a problem with GPRS last week etc so perhaps thats it?
    again thanks
    Lectrosoul

I cant rememeber the specifics myself :(

Advertisement