Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of excessive "violent" content in video games?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

with more and more cases like this I think they will start to become more politically correct in order to maximise sales by not distancing a minority.

I don't think games sales have or will be affected by any of these cases. The majority of people who make these complaints probably never played a game before or intend to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    so why remove it from hitman yet not from generals??? didnt arab terrorists scream I WILL MAKE THE SACRIFICE or FOR ALLAH!!! isnt that racist stereotype>?

I have no idea. The difference in game type may have something to do with it tho considering with Generals you have little dudes seen from above in an rts but in hitman it's pretty up close n personal cuz you've a big arab muddafukka chasin you round with a fcukin machine gun so I THINK there's a slight difference :rolleyes:. But who know's I'm not the censor! Also theres some truth to whats in generals tho I'm just trying to think of a reason. I'm sure there is one. The hitman thing is just a bit on the speculative side suggesting all turban wearers are trained assassins with Mp5-sd's hidden under their hats.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Faust

WHy do people always have to blame other things for kids doing crazy things. Maybe the kid's just crazy!! You can't just say "Oh its his parents fault" or "videogames" or "music" or "society". Some people are just crazy!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Faust
    "Oh its his parents fault"

The parent(s) or guardian(s) are responsible for their children

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭L4

Manhunt is great. Makes me want to suffocate someone with a plastic bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Faust

Originally posted by monument
    The parent(s) or guardian(s) are responsible for their children

legally responsible foo' not emotionally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by L4

L4,

You are kinda crazy. Does manhunt make you wanna suffocate those students you hate with a plastic bag??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Originally posted by L4

ROFL

Classic. :D

Wow I was so inspired by manhunt. Decapitating someone with a piece of wire has never been so easy! That knee in the back trick really floats my boat!!

Ry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ah the good old ****ing Political Correctness train roles on eh

If i want to play a game in which i kill every person on this god damn planet i will.......the yanks have a problum because their country is so ****ed up people will act out some sences in games and films because their retards

btw this "ban all bad games" **** happened to films and radio when they first came out soon enough normal people just ignored the whole **** thank jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

My view on this sort of rubbish was cemented when Mechwarrior2 was fingered for lawsuits a few years back.
    You control 100m tall amoured battle suit.
    You aim with the mouse while managing a plethora of systems to keep yourself funtional in a battle.

How the flying wombat chicken head melon of christ does that teach kids to pick up daddy's 12-guage and plug Sue-Ellen full of buckshot because she drank your chocolate milk?

I say cut the problem off at the source.
    Ban FOX News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by SyxPak

How the flying wombat chicken head melon of christ does that teach kids to pick up daddy's 12-guage and plug Sue-Ellen full of buckshot because she drank your chocolate milk?

I say cut the problem off at the source.
    Ban FOX News.

Thats probably the most intelligent thigng i've read on the matter of stupid lawsiuts and games, very well said.

I think you should go a step further and ban all propaganda tools apart from those that spread the news great new quake's, mario's and such. Only in a perfect world.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Anyway im off to get my BFG 9000 going to frag some basturds down town damn doom has warped my mind i tells ya!.:rolleyes:

i say we take the warning labels off of heavly tools in the usa and let the problum sort itself out :D

Advertisement