Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a thought at christmas time

Options
  • 13-12-2003 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

This is absolutely nothing to do with irelandoffline but i just thought it was so class I had to share it with you all

Comes home from a hard days slog in work and lo and behold theres a letter for me, was in an official dail envelope, so i thought it was just from another minister not willing to do a thing about my BB problem but sympathising with my cause at the same time

But no as i rip open the envelope there was a christmas card, but not any old christmas card, it was from Martin Cullen.

It was signed

To *****

Happy Christmas

From

Martin and family

My invitation to christmas dinner musta been lost in the post, anyway fair play to the man i suppose

Mods if ye wanna delete or move or just leave it here for some christmas Cheer

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by shinzon

But no as i rip open the envelope there was a christmas card, but not any old christmas card, it was from Martin Cullen.

It was signed

To *****

Happy Christmas

From

Martin and family

Shin

If you write a letter to a politician who is in your constituence, it's odds on you will get an xmas card -
    Postage was probably paid for by outr taxes too ;) (was there a stamp on the envelope?)
    jd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

my taxes pay for that card... you should be thanking me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

yep theres a stamp on the envelope lol

Thx everybody for paying your taxes so i can receive a chrimbo card

:D

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

We got our first Xmas card from 4 Star Pizza!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

This will be the first year in a long time that I WON'T get a christmas card from Four Star. When I moved house earlier this year, I decided it was a good time to stop eating so much pizza so I never searched out the nearest 4-star.

Never got a card from a politician. Ho-hum :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by jd

Postage was probably paid for by outr taxes too ;)jd

How ironic... Now shinzon, be a good lad and phone everyone in Ireland to thank them for your christmas card :D

(or at least everyone in Ireland that pays taxes... so you can give the politicians a miss)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

getting the phone book now

:D:D:D

shin

Advertisement