Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm having trouble with Streambox

Options
  • 13-12-2003 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I download these files on a weekly basis from the bbc site via streambox VCR

rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio1/peel_tue.ra
    rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio1/peel_wed.ra
    rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio1/peel_thu.ra
    rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/6music/dreamticket_tue.ra

Thing is, over the past month or so I've had no success getting theses files to download and I'm at a loss to know what causing it - whether it be bbc blocking them, streambox blocking them or some other problem with my computer.

I know at least that the URLS are still accurate as they still play under real player but the problem is (for whatever reason) streambox doesn't succeed in downloading them anymore.

I thought it might just be something wrong with my computer but I've tried it on my other comp and have also got other some other people to try as well and all to no avail.

So I've big favour to ask for anyone out there using streambox and that is could people (if they're not too busy of course) try downloading a little bit of these files to see if they're actually coming across for you? *

Or if not could people please suggest whats going on that's stopping theses files coming across for me? Any help gratefully recieved.

Thanks!

(*FYI - Initially it appears to be working but then stops after just 390bytes.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Originally posted by Pigman II

So I've big favour to ask for anyone out there using streambox and that is could people (if they're not too busy of course) try downloading a little bit of these files to see if they're actually coming across for you?

Nup, stops @ 390 bytes for me aswell :(

I am having trouble downloading some other REAL files, too, maybe its time somebody updated/patched streambox AGAIN :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I can only conclude someone or something is blocking streambox from doing it's intended tasks because I tried a trial version of a program called hiDownload and it was able to transfer the files in question. Problem is HiD seems to crash every five mins on my computer so I'm not v.impressed with it either.

So can anyone reccomend an alternative program to Streambox please? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

I guess you're using the old version that doesn't like the newer servers. Do a google search for version 2.

Advertisement