Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHRISTMAS DAY: Phantom FM live on 97.3

Options
  • 14-12-2003 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that Phantom FM are being allowed as part of the current temporary licence to broadcast on Christmas Day - thus continuing our tradition of having a live, all-request show at Christmas.

It'll be my 4th year doing Christmas Day on-air - and this year I will not be alone, as both Paul Clarke and Sinister Pete will also be doing shifts on the day.

Pete Reed kicks things off for two hours from midnight Christmas Eve to 2am Christmas day, then the Phantom, while on Christmas Day proper Paul will be filling my usual morning/early afternoon shift, Sinister Pete will be in the middle, and I'll be along at 8pm through to midnight on Christmas evening to round off our live programmes.

The format will be all-request all day, so please drop in and join us.

And as in previous years, and indeed the reason I started doing Christmas Day programmes in the first place, if you are alone, ill or feeling fragile this Christmas, can I extend my invitation to you to join us, as you don't need to be requesting stuff for a bunch of friends, we are happy to do it just for you if you like :)

Happy Christmas to all,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

if you are alone, ill or feeling fragile this Christmas, can I extend my invitation to you to join us

What? in the studio? I'll bring my Focus albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭geekstinkbreath

Originally posted by Steve Conway

please drop in and join us.

if you are alone, ill or feeling fragile this Christmas, can I extend my invitation to you to join us

can we really?!! expect me there bright and early, and i'll bring tasty treats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

as i'm staying in bed for christmas i may tune into to hear sumat (hopefully) worth hearing while one leonard cohen album makes way for the next...

oh tradition, you are in the making ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Sorry cant make it this year, goin home to the land of whippets,flat caps and cobbled streets..

and proper beer...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Yeah, **** off back to Barnsley you pickled egg-eating gumby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

Schedule for Christmas Day
    ===================

Starting from Midnight on the night of Christmas Eve into Christmas day

00.00 Pete Reed
    02.00 The Phantom
    10.00 Paul Clarke
    13.00 Daragh Brophy
    16.00 Sinister Pete
    20.00 Steve Conway (until midnight)

These shows are all live, all-request.

We're looking forward to your calls and texts, and if you can't make it, perhaps you will tune in on Stephens Day for the countdown . . .

Advertisement