Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to make a few quid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Paul-UTVI

You got a deal! :) (This isn't a special UTV offer btw - its a personal offer ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I know how you feel I'm stuck on dial up and everything is a pain to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Well, not trying to steal anyones sunshine or anything but this is a community, so if anyoe needs help like this there shouldn't be any problem in asking for it.

Personally I have no problem downloading any large (legal) files for a boards.ie user and burning them to a cd for the price of the cd.

I was stuck on dialup for long enough, and I remember well what it was like!!

<edit> But those links don't work for me! </edit>

Originally posted by WizZard
    Well, not trying to steal anyones sunshine or anything but this is a community, so if anyoe needs help like this there shouldn't be any problem in asking for it.

Personally I have no problem downloading any large (legal) files for a boards.ie user and burning them to a cd for the price of the cd.

I was stuck on dialup for long enough, and I remember well what it was like!!

<edit> But those links don't work for me! </edit>

I might give you a shout when I've a few links together so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

No problem!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Grom

Also like to voice that I 2 wouldnt mind downloading any large legal files for people.im on a business connection myself and have no cap and dont dl much myself so if any body would Like anything LEGAL gimme a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Actually yes, I too would be happy to download and burn a certain amount of stuff every month for boards users. Yay to Community Spirit !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yellum didnt menion Legal files!!!

GO GO GO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i think it's really cool that you guys are all bunching together like this.

i coupleof months ago, I was asking about Ret Hat 9 and Kaimera kindly downloaded the 3CD version for me,and posted it over to me in exchange for some blanks which i sent over his way.

anyway, it's nice that people aredoing things for each other, and in that vein, i'd like to offer my services.

i don't have broadband, but i have just bought a DVD writer which should be here before xmas, so if anyone has anythig (legal, obviously) that they would like putting onto a DVD (home movies or whatever) I'd be more than happy to transfer them over for you for the price of a blank, or a blank itself.

the burner should be arriving this week some time, so if anyone's interested,let me know.

btw, if anyone is looking for apart time broadband connection, do what i do. find an o2 openzone wifi hotspot and nip over with a laptop and wifi card.

the the zones are usually 2mbps, so anything you want, you should be able to get fairly sharpish.

i bought a 24 hour card for €20, and although i was only there 5 hours, i got plenty of stuff i'd been looking for, but not able to get via other means.

bear in mind though, that once you've started using it the card expires after 24 hours, so do it all at once, because once it's finishedyou can't use it again. not the cheapest way to do it, but if you have no other options, better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by yellum
    Actually yes, I too would be happy to download and burn a certain amount of stuff every month for boards users. Yay to Community Spirit !

What he said I'll add a 'legal' note :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Manaris

Another vote here for community spirit, add me to the list of people willing to download legal stuff :D

I've got a DVD writer too, so if anyone wants a significant amount of stuff downloaded (ie a couple of gigs), I wouldn't mind putting it on a DVD.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Yellum didnt menion Legal files!!!

Oh no a Loop Hole ! I'll have to rush through some new laws in the YellumWorld Parliament to counter this.

I wonder this this thread fall under a different category than broadband now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Volunteerism

maybe ? :D

Yeah maybe. Under a thread called "Community Building - Offers from Boards members "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I wonder this this thread fall under a different category than broadband now ?
    Yeah I wouldn't mind doing this (within reason) and legal stuff only.
    Maybe a board is needed for this? (please no one post that toaster card ;)) e.g. someone posts a wanted message, someone who wants to help out lets everyone know and thread gets locked. PMs can be used to swap contact details etc.
    A board for this would make it alot easier to manage, plus it would cut out random threads across different boards and any sticky would get overrun too.

Where can I find out more about o2 openzone?

I'll start a thread in Feedback and Suggestions and see what arises...

EDIT:

Thread created:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130589

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Count me in to this show of good will towards the broadbandless :)

Advertisement