Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admin / Support

Options
  • 15-12-2003 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

Just a quick suggestion What about a support team to help you Admins? I don't mean to blow my own horn here, but I also Admin a VBulletin forum as I'm sure others here too and lot's of questions here are technical which could be answered by a support team in additon to the Admins. I often read this forum and think I wish I could answer the poster as I know the answer to His/Her Question. I'm not saying you don't do a good job as it is but a support team could make sure questons are answered in a minimum space of time. Just thought I would suggest it anyway.

Cheers

Red
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

[Christopher Walken]
    I also demand a voice in the Admin forum. I moderate a lot of forums round here pal. And beside, I've had my face up Dev's ass longer than most round here and god damn it I got a right to be heard.

Ecksor said it best when he said "hookers blah blah blah cocaine blah blah" and he's got a point. Sure I've got form, but who doesn't. Isn't each and everyone of us guilty of something, even if we just think about it? Eh?

The Admin forum is suffering from ever eroding market share. Since it went private it's lacked a certain je ne sais quois. A sparkle. Magic. The very essence of the Boards Experience (tm) Va va voom.

I believe I have something to offer in this regard. My achievements are outstanding. I'm a man driving in my own field. Engineering style and charm wherever I go. Sure, I've got enemies on boards. Watching me, waiting for there chance to take a pop. Keeping an eye for weakness. What they don't know and what I'll happily reveal is that they are decoys dropped to confuse and bewilder. As a magician such as Paul Daniels will tell you destraction is the key. Just like that indeed. It's the way he tells them.

Enough digression.
    [/Christopher Walken]

Make me tea. Woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

And this is the reason Amp is so much more than the three letters of his username.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can I suggest that perhaps 5-10 trusted people be given some powers there, to give the plebs^H^H^H^H^H ordinary users a better response time when Admins have Real Life ™ things to do.
    Originally posted by amp
    The Admin forum is suffering from ever eroding market share. Since it went private it's lacked a certain je ne sais quois. A sparkle. Magic. The very essence of the Boards Experience (tm) Va va voom.
    (a) trolling (b) spam (c) noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I would agree with some more people been given the ability to post on the Admin/Support [or even just mods]. Many a time i have read a post and gone to reply and give a nice quick answer only to realise its the Admin / Support board and i cant reply :(

As Victor said, give a few people, or mods, the power to reply and answer. Nothing else buy reply and answer. Might get rid of the useless questions.

Originally posted by Victor
    (a) trolling (b) spam (c) noise.

(a) Gosh, should've known better than trying to get one over you Victor.
    (b) Pot
    (c) Kettle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

If I remember correctly most of the people who were spamming all the threads with useless ****e were mods already. What's wrong with the current system if people have a problem they want to discuss they bring it here otherwise they post on Admin/Support. Also Redshift if you see someone with a problem why don't you just pm them?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It works better when there's more people with a bit of free time around. At the moment it seems that I'm the least busy of the Admins ... and I'm pretty busy. So, response time can suffer. If a question can be answered by someone else, then Admin / Support may not be the best place for it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by Thorbar
    Also Redshift if you see someone with a problem why don't you just pm them?
    It's a good solution but it is better if all the solutions are posted on the admin forum where everyone can see and benefit from it, saves stuff being asked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by Redshift
    It's a good solution but it is better if all the solutions are posted on the admin forum where everyone can see and benefit from it, saves stuff being asked again.
    Most of the stuff there actually seems to be DB related, name changes, unbanning etc... , so no "external" input would be benificial. I think somebody mentioned recently that the name be changed to something like admin. And the support element be moved over to a FAQ section or Newbie FAQ where you can post away till your heart is content.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What Hobiewobiepobie said.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Food for thought. It might be a good idea to let the mods help out in the admin area (or in some form of "support" forum). There are a lot of them by this stage and the vast majority are very helpful, trustworthy people.

DeV.

Gimme some sugar, I am your neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by amp
    Gimme some sugar, I am your neighbour.
    Hmmm, I'd forgotten that.

/makes note that DeV's address is number 667

Advertisement