Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Xbox Live gamers out there?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by kleefarr
    I think satellite is already here and will probably become more wide spread, offering speeds well in excess of 512kps.
    Of course, Satelite is here - there are people on these boards using it.

Not one of them would argue that it's a replacement for terrestrial services.
    Just waiting for it to get a bit more reasonably priced.
    Companies such as Blueyonder have still got to take a foothold. If there is a demand, there will be a supply. Once you have a high speed connection, once the time is right most people will go faster and faster given the choice... I would anyway.
    You're new to all this, aren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Pretty much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Originally posted by kleefarr
    You'll be using copper long after your Xbox and Wi-Fi gear have exceeded their sell by dates.

I think satellite is already here and will probably become more wide spread, offering speeds well in excess of 512kps.
    Just waiting for it to get a bit more reasonably priced.
    Companies such as Blueyonder have still got to take a foothold. If there is a demand, there will be a supply. Once you have a high speed connection, once the time is right most people will go faster and faster given the choice... I would anyway.

Unless someone finds a way around the speed of light limitation then the latency with satalites is probably going to make the unsuitable for games:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Got Live myself a few days ago have been playing Top Spin all the time. Great crack altogether. Just got Project Gotham 2 today so will be firing that up tonight. Gamer tag is in my sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

Top Spin is rock hard online. I tried it a few times and had my arse handed to me. 'Gamer tag' is your gamertag? You did well to get that, especially so recently. I see XBL newbies resorting to the numbers at the end of names.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

Woohoo!!! Just sign up to the Xbox Live :) . Christmas won't be the same again :D.

Game sig: Zion IRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ksl19

Check this out

www.xmcc.net

Basically its a few guys up in Belfast who have hooked up a load of xboxes to their corpoate backbone so as to run them as dedicated servers. Join up For FREE,

Gamertag: KILTERS

Advertisement