Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bike pretest - how much?

Options
  • 15-12-2003 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

A post of pure laziness...

Got my test date yesterday - the test being exactly a year and a week since I applied - and I'm not gonna fail and wait another eternity, so I need to know the cost of bike pretests and renting a bike from ISM. I'm gonna ring them later, but just if anyone has any up-to-date prices off the top of their head :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Posting the info here for others to benefit, ya lazy sod ;)

IIRC, almost 2 years ago ISM were looking for 125 Euro for hire of bike. Can't remember if that includes a lesson. The price for a lesson then was 75 Euro and that was a 2 hour lesson.

ISM has various bike trainers and I believe most of them also are part of Irish Rider Training Association (IRTA) (no you'll have to Google for that yourself). The prices for IRTA lessons generally are about 25-30 Euro per hour. A lot of the IRTA also do the Hibernian Ignition course under the auspices of IAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Go with IRTA trainers... They're very good..
    (if you can get your hands on a bike).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

IRTA is the way to go, I did my pretest and advanced training with Marc O'Loideoin. Highly reccomended !

Link for IRTA
    http://www.irishridertraining.com/

Advertisement