Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get Drive letter visible in MyComputer in XP / 2K ?

Options
  • 15-12-2003 11:57am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭

EDIT

I want to hide the comment XP/2K displays as it hides the Drive letter when you display Details in MyComputer unless you widen the field.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Win 95 has the drive description first as well, then the drive letter.

for example, "MyCDrive (C:)" .

I'm checking out if it can be done the way that you want in Win 2K & XP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Thanks
    Looking back at the problem -
    Actually it's the comment I want to hide..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bleh, short of a file hack... you could always change the name of the drive to the null char (ALT+255)... it's not perfect, and you have to sacrifice the drive label, but it's quick n' dirty.

Advertisement