Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable Router for VPN Remote Access

• 15-12-2003 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭

Just got Irish BB wireless broadband. Nice - but they leave you needing
    a router if you want to hookup more than 1 pc.
    The point the leave you with has no NAT or firewal built in so cannot be connected
    to the network as easily as dsl. There is no PPPoE either - so you need a PC with two network cards. yuk.

I *dont* want to have another PC running as a firewall/router (even a Lynux box)- so I'm looking for a suitable NAT and VPN router. Komplette had 3Com and 'Billion' ones that <I>might</I> have been suitable for 80 euros last week - but today theres none on their site...

What i needed is a secure remote access - so are looking for a Router capable VPN
    that will allow someone to connect remotely from a dialup (ie. non static address?).

Any suggestions for such a device for under 100 euro. (That isnt a Lynux PC).

cheers.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement