Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA PS2 games,will they play on our consoles?

Options
  • 15-12-2003 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me if PS2 games bought in the US will play on the console's over here or is regionalised like dvd's? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

short answer is no

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Long answer is still No - they are regionalised and they also are NTSC rather than PAL. You could get your PS2 chipped and you would be sorted.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

medium answer is also no

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Only way to get playstation 2 NTSC titles to play on a APL ps2 is to get it modded

So the real actual answer is yes you can play NTSC titles on PAL machines but not without a mod chip

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Thanks for that.I actually have a chipped PS2 that I bought from the UK which plays everything.I bought it cause I got a load of copied PS2 games in Thailand which only cost me €2.50 each.The USA games question was for a guy here at work who's brother bought some games in the US for his son.I wasn't sure what the story was with USA games.I told him the best thing his brother can do is get his money back before he comes home and then buy the games over here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

or he could give you the games. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Or you could buy them from CD-WOW because you're being ripped off you know

Advertisement