Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally broke 12k with GF3 woot!

Options
  • 15-12-2003 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

I'm collecting a GF4 Ti4200 in a few hours, so I gave my GF3 a final shove :D
    12024 3DMarks! clocked at 264/555 air-cooled.

Now, I wonder what this 4200 will do... ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Thats great. I got 120,000 3dmarks with an ati rage pro 4mb, using the ati wallhack. Now, on a more serious note, have you got a buyer for that gf3?.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

I dunno if I'll sell it yet... I have another GF3 if you're looking for one (240/540, 11.3k 3DMarks, not lapped yet)

The Ti4200 is an Ultra650 and scored 13k at stock (250/513) so I'm well pleased with that :)
    Hopefully I'll get 300/600 out of it, maybe 15k? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

congrats sir random

just wondering how do you test stability on an o/c graphics card? i.e. how do you know how much is too much. i've heard of these artifacts that come up. I'm waiting for my radeon to be returned from komplett. the last one i got had a faulty fan (glad i didn't o/c it). I'd like to see the effect the o/c has on my 3dmark score

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Most cards are stable 5Mhz below their limit (with adequate cooling). For the ram, 5Mhz below the point where artifacts appear in 3DMark. I wouldn't advise extended gaming sessions with heavy o/cing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

on the sk website they have o/c a 9800pro just by replacing the thermal pad with arctic sliver paste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

get yourself this little utility to test your card for any artifacts when oc'd

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Hey Data, that wasn't a 9600 pro fireblade from Komplett by any chance was it? Reason I ask is I had to return one for the same reason. After less than four hours use, not even gaming, the fan started making woeful noise. Just wondering if there is a bad batch out there.

sorry milltown it was a powercolor 9800 pro, but hey the fans could be similar i'd say sapphire and powercolor stick close to the ati reference cards (i think sapphire make the fireblades anyway)

its back now anyway and benching the same as before and now i can play generals again so i'm happy

Advertisement