Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT test: waiting time?

Options
  • 15-12-2003 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I know I could get this info by phoning those nice NCT people. And I will - but if it's going to take two months I don't want to draw attention to the fact I forgot about it.

Yup, idiot boy forgot all about it. Only remembered at a checkpoint the other night when a friendly garda told me to find he disc at home and put it up asap.

So if I phone today and make an appointment, any idea of the soonest I could get one (obviously bearing in mind that it probably depends on the centre, probably Limerick for me but I'll take it where I can get it). Any tricks or lies I can put about on the phone to speed up the process?
    (when it hits January it'll be very obvious that the disc is missing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

not sure on wiating time, but as far as i know once you have applied for it and you got your number, your OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I rang up to book mine last Thursday and I got an appointment for a test tommorow - so thats only a couple of days waiting time. Im in Limerick - Im not sure if its the same everywhere else in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

If it is any help, the one in Dublin, near Liffey Valley are very good, and can usually take you in a few days and they open Saturdays. Not sure about the rest of the country.

Sorry to bump in on your thread - but it is the same case with tax?

My tax is due at the end of the month but I dont have the vehicle registration cert coz I havent got it yet - only bought the car lately. If I dont have it taxed by the end of the month coz I have no cert am I driving illegally?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by trotter_inc
    Sorry to bump in on your thread - but it is the same case with tax?

My tax is due at the end of the month but I dont have the vehicle registration cert coz I havent got it yet - only bought the car lately. If I dont have it taxed by the end of the month coz I have no cert am I driving illegally?
    You are given a months grace to get your tax sorted. If it runs out on Dec 31st then you will need to have the January disc by Jan 31st. Can't remember the fine if you don't have tax on Feb 1.

• Advertisement

thats fair enough I suppose - thanks kbannon

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Have a look @ www.ncts.ie for further details about the test (however, you are better off contacting them as the site hasn't been updated properly in a while - it refers to 'proposed locations)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I rang today for a test and they asked if Thursday was ok. Couldn't make that so they offered me next Monday instead. The test centre is in Ballymun.

Advertisement