Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

qw cheaters

Options
  • 02-01-2000 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Seems theres some cheaters coming onto servers allready with there modifide source code :/
    read about and get demo on me site.

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Meantime anyone who cares who's cheating in a four year old game go here: www.whogivesafu<k.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

hmm i tried loading that page, but theres a mistake in the link

Keep trying, it'll be up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yeah who cares about cheating in football like

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Cheating how like, givin themselves infinite ammo, invincibility etc. ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cr^sH

SHOCK SHOCK HORROR!, Ffs like every lamer is gonna get there hand on that now they'll be like speedy gonzallas running around the level..they should not have released that code!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

exactly, theres some other ones where u can give your self pent and such things.
    ppl can put there speed up enuf to give them an advantage but not easy to notice or give themselfs a faster reload time sad.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Anybody caught using these altered qw clients will receive a permanent Red card from ALL servers. Just because ID released the source doesnt mean you can cheat.

Either do it by skillz or not at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

WAN SLOSHERS!

Chiefy

3=O]

respect his authoritaaaaah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Slosh can u tell people are using modified clients, or how will u know unless it's obvious??

type f_modified vincent and if they are connected properly too there proxy it will say that the qwcl exe has been altered. if they dont use a proxy u cant be sure

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

What I can't understand is why ppl could be bothered cheating. It's usually easily spotted (ie. movin at 80mph round the levs or takin more hits than they should) and when it's not, it's done mainly by ppl who dot around servers in different countries and you're never likely to see them again. Not much point in doin' it for respect then. Hmm, then again, it might be useful for takin out the odd LPB sunglasses.gif

Only kiddin, I frown upon such things. Now, where can i get the source code? sunglasses.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Do you think this is a pointed hint by id to say 'Stop Playing This Game We're Sorry We Ever Wrote It Go Out And Buy Q3 You Muppets!'

Ok well maybe its not, but its defnitely time ppl moved on. Theres some really fu<king excellent games out there (for the benefit of ppl whove had their heads in the sand for the past 3 years) which ppl dont cheat at. I reckon;
    Quake 3 Arena : Pure DM, bit of a laugh
    Unreal Tournament :Serious gaming, Competition gaming
    Tribes :FPS for strategy-heads and teamplayers
    1 Of Loads Of RTS Games : Pure Strategy Heads

As(get over QW you obsessive muppets!)ka

[This message has been edited by Asuka (edited 02-01-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cr^sH

Why play all those games when quakeworld has it all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I was afraid of replies like that...

But QuakeWorld quite obviously *doesnt* have it all!!
    Dont give me that sh!t about 'its the only game that ever gave me a buzz' and all that. Thats bullsh!t.
    It doesnt have it all. The graphics are sh!te, the sound grates, the weapons are boring and the gameplay is *old*! Dont you ever like get bored of it? Its an obsession.
    Its 5 years old. How could it possibly have everything? Theres no varying elements in it at all. Theres no real strategy and its a terrible game for newbies these days. No one can go onto the servers any more for a laugh and just a bit of fun. Its no longer a game, its a competition. Its worse than professional football because its not even professional!
    When players set their config to give them the worst possible graphics in favour of the best possible performance you know its gone too far.

Slightly controversial to post this on the Quake boards, but it needs to be said. Move on. Play the new games. Im happy to say the QuakeWorld days are finally over.

Asuka

That's because it doesn't. Don't get me wrong, it was the pinnacle of on-line gaming when it was released, but that was 4 years ago. It's a bit dominated by the Rocket launcher aswell. Not the only weapon by any means, but the best all purpose one. But that doesn't mean ppl have to move on. Some ppl prefer QW, so be it then, but i know I'd play q3a all the time if I could run the damn thing, or any game made since 1997 for that matter.
    Hmm, this thread has switched topics since it began sunglasses.gif

It appears Asuka was writing his reply while I was writing mine, so no copying accusations plz. He did go a bit overboard though sunglasses.gif. How can you enjoy a game if you can't see where you're f**king going. I'd gladly sacrifice graphics in any game for top performance.
    It appears that I've ended all my posts so far with the sunglasses gif, so why break a trend sunglasses.gif

Asuka. That is your opinion. There are many others to the contrary. I play Q3 and like it. I play QW and like it.

Agreed its hard for newbies, but there are some newbies out there who've stuck with it and have improved fantastically - hmmmm I wonder why - oh oh oh....

MAYBE THEY LIKE IT ??!!??

Dont post condescending "move on" posts here, its all been said too many times and we're not interested.

Enough.

[This message has been edited by Slosh (edited 03-01-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Quakeworld is brilliant, fantastic, much better than these new games.

yes asuka you're so right
    what we need is big flashy guns and explosions for people who are too simple minded to play q1 cos it dont have it. i know the gameplay is old !!! like, you move the mouse, and you press fire to fire ?!? how dated is that ? we need some really cool new ways to move the man, like in q3 for example.
    and the weapons ?! We need some childish insights to the future, things that dont exist, but intend for them to be a possibility, like super rail guns ! and flashy menus, with bright colours. like, in this day and age, if a game isnt colour co-ordinated, it dosent belong on the market for feminine gamers, like yourself who want designers to do the colours. like cmon, 4 years old ?? i can understand how kinds play ludo still, but come ONNNN this is the 21st century, i wont settle for anything other than over elaborate-tiring headache inducing glam drag queen graphics.

like i never play quake over a lan at my m8s for fun - its ALL competition these days, we put money down and everything, we never seem to laugh anymore ! now, quake3 is bringing back the rosy warmth that is our childhood.weve never been so happy because of this 'new teamplay'.like we couldnt apply our strategical knowledge to quake1, now with quake3 its ALL changed !!! its been radically improved, like its been all slowed down so weve more time to think, hell i can play it with my granny now, she enjoys a dm when shes waiting for her evening tea.
    like - i know its gone way too far when youre lessening graphics for gameplay - with quake3, now i dont even have to lessen the graphics AT ALL on my p200 !! i can put it on 800x600, none of this d_mipcap stuff that made quake1 faster, but lo and behold q3 dosent need to be tweaked somehow !!! its not like playing a game ! its like watching a film ! with all this less involvement, i hope theres an optoin so you dont have to aim at all, maybe they will scrap first person shooters entirely and make every game so that its like modern fighting - so we make computers target our enemys, and we dont even have to make reflex reactions !! that would be cooooooo-oool.why hasnt anyone seen that ? like duuh?!

lol Bunnors...

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

I agree with H-K.
    I used to love playing football when i was younger. It is a great game. Playing samba footie with a few lads on a sunday evenin was good craic but ive never enjoyed a win more than a hard fought game in the lashing rain. The glory of winning wasn't diminished by the bad weather or the wet clothes in fact it was heightened because we knew we won it the hard way with guts determination and forcing an exhausted body and mind to focus.
    If you like things easy qw is NOT the game for you wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Woooah,

The mouse works in QuakeWorld. Holy sh1t.. all this time! OMG. It's given me a new lease of life, I must go back playing it for another 3 years. Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The glory of winning wasn't diminished by the bad weather or the wet clothes in fact it was heightened because we knew we won it the hard way with guts determination and forcing an exhausted body and mind to focus.

Errr yeah, that's right, cos there's so much physical exertion, strain and combatting the elements to be done when playing QuakeWorld (or any other computer game for that matter).

It amazes me how you ninja players don't end up in early graves from all that hard work, stress, guts and determination.... wink.gif

In seriousness though, ID releasing the source code of Quake has been coming a long time (in fact, it was leaked from Dave Taylor's Crack.Dot.Com site a long, long time ago, just before the first Unix ports of the game, but only to a few people who were quick enough to pick it up), since ID do this with all their games eventually.

It's not an attempt to kill the game. Nor do any of you have any right to complain about them doing it - they have done a much greater service to the hobbyist games programmer than they have done a disservice to the fanatical QW player.

(On a down note, I should point out that proxys won't help people who are clever enough to hack the binaries right. As far as I can gather - though I haven't had time to have more than a cursory glance at the source, and it's been years since I last looked at it - all the proxy does is some checksumming and basic checks, which is **** easy to deal with, I fear. There's a really nice and easy way to confuse any proxy into thinking that it's talking to an unmodified binary - I use "easy" in a loose way here! - which while I'm not about to describe it, I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who has thought of it...)

It is quite possible that this source release, being much more widespread than the last leak, will decimate a lot of the QW community. However, instead of whinging, you lot should be cheering, because you now have a chance to do something that Q1 people have always wanted to do....

... Remake Quake1 with better graphics.

Why not? The Q1 engine is perfectly capable, as Half-Life showed up. All it needs is frame interpolation and 24-bit texture support, as well as a few tweaks to the lighting model, and it'll look as good if not better than Quake2. A couple of fiddly things done to the texturing support, to allow for higher resolutions and better GL Blend mode support, and you have Half-Life standard graphics... Without changing ANY of the core gameplay aspects!

Stop whinging about the open source initiative. It will inject new life into Quake - not necessarily to the "old" game, but to the community, and to the myriad of new Quake-based games which we will start to see as freeware on the net. ID deserve to be applauded... They've done the only thing that could rescue ANY of the Quake1/QuakeWorld scene, as opposed to delivering the deathblow some of you seem to believe this is.

lol mp biggrin.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

'The Q1 engine is perfectly capable, as Half-Life showed up.'

Halflife was a q2 engine game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

er no it wasn't it was a quake engine game.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

QW -did- have all that mattered, the right speed, the best levels, the best weapons, the best MODs (ahhhahaha not just CA), the best balance ...

Fu[k the gfx, all we ask for is playability, and QW -was- the most playable FPS multiplayer game.

And now this sweet move from iD has turned us all to q3, and it just wont be as much fun.

Advertisement