Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worms?

Options
  • 15-12-2003 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anybody here have Worms? No not the ones you get in your stomach! Iv had Worms Armageddon for a while but iv recently got back into it and iv forgotton how much i love playin it. I just think its one of the most fun games iv ever played.

oh and seen as this is my first post howdy all!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

hello :)

yea the new worms 3d is great fun after a few minutes it takes you to work out your prespective..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

howdy.

worms 3d plays like crap on this pc, so i'm still stuck with worms world party (marginally better than armageddon, not really worth upgrading to if it costs more than €5...)
    had a great 3 player game the other night, unlimited banana bombs with the high powered clusters turned on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Worms3d is great but it lacks that certain unpredictablity that made the 2d ones hilarious. It's hard to accidentally kill your own worms unlike the past games.

It'd be cool to see Team17 do more original games. I can understand why they'd be cautious though. So many UK developers have been shut down recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Worms Armageddon >>>>> Worms World Party.

I have both. The community on WA, as well as being mostly english-speaking, is generally more mature. The clanning on there is a lot bloody tougher than WWP too.

There's been several new patches for Worms Armageddon courtesy of Deadcode. Anyone who has trouble getting it to work online should gimme a shout on aim sometime. aim = al2cane.

After 7 years on the net, Worms is the only game I never quit.

you'd think I'd be better after 2 years of playing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

* Athlon XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz * ABit NF7 v2.0 * 512mb pc3200 cheapo TwinMOS memory * Sapphire Radeon 9600 *
    * Western Digital Caviar 160GB * Chieftec Dragon Silver case * Cooler Master AERO 7 Lite * Hansol 17" CRT 730E *

Tman, how come worms 3d runs so poorly on your system? I've a fairly similar set up - XP2800 at stock speeds, same ram, GF4 Ti4200, same motherboard, same HD, and it runs fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The best worms game is the 1st worms game, once it got cartooney it got ****e.
    pitty worms1/ exp wont work on XP :(

You don't have anything positive to say about anything, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

How can anyone not like worms?

Worms is a great game ,have 3d for gamecube and its class ,way more fun on that somehow (had one for N64 too) So much better when you can punch your opponent or laugh at them in person.

One fo the few online games to make it to console well.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

By far the online versions are the best kd, can't imagine the game without being able to customise schemes and maps. The amount of completely different gametypes you can play is insane. Designing scheme specific maps is an art form.

Non-rope schemes:

Team17 (double cavern map, great tactical game, small luck factor)
    Pro (you probably have a scheme like this auto-installed)
    Elite (like pro only shorter timer, less weapons)
    BnG (like Artillery mode on consoles, better scheme tho)
    Battle race (walk, jump to the finish. Hard to explain to someone who doesn't know the game, but it's not as easy as simply walking)

Rope schemes:

Shopper: 30 seconds usually to rope about, collecting weapon crates, attacking other players, good stuff.
    Roper aka Proper (Pro roper): 15 seconds to rope about the map, get the health crate, attack.
    Rope Race: A maze of a map, first one to get from start to finish wins.
    Warmer: Much similar to Roper, no fall damage, basically to "warm up" your roping.

Other games, not usually played as league games:
    Jetpack race: Use the JP to get to the finish.
    Sheep BnG: Crates drop, all contain sheep, blow up the crate, sheep jumps out, blows more stuff up.
    Full Wormage: Every weapon in the game, full power and unlimited. Some **** usually launches "Armageddon" on their first turn and that's usually gg.
    Fort: Pick a side. Too much in the scheme to explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Stephen
    Tman, how come worms 3d runs so poorly on your system? I've a fairly similar set up - XP2800 at stock speeds, same ram, GF4 Ti4200, same motherboard, same HD, and it runs fine.
    erm, my last post in this thread was made 6 months ago. before i had my new rig. i was trying to play it on a 1.3 celeron with a gf4mx440 back then...
    it runs nicely on my current setup, the framerate rarely deviates from my refresh rate:)
    haven't given the game a proper chance to grow on me yet...

• Advertisement

Ah, i just saw your sig below the post. Never noticed the age of this thread :)

Advertisement