Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook redirection problem... a bit weird

Options
  • 15-12-2003 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Having a problem with Outlook. It's redirecting. Not redirecting mail though, it's redirecting the views.

Inbox, Deleted items, Sent items : when you click on any of these the mail s flash up and then the view is taken up with the homepage for www.jraun.com (has lots of pop ups so be careful if you click on that link).

It is almost as if the inbox etc is being redirected by a browser hijacker.. however I have run an updated spybot and an updated adaware and come up with nothing (well, lots o stuff but still happening after cleaning). Emptied temp and temp internet files, cleared out cookies. no joy. I have checked the properties of each folder and under the Home PAge tab, nothing is entered. Just in case, I clicked "restore defaults" and applied, still no change.

Could the registry entry for the default behaviour have been changed?

Ran AVG (version 7.0 latest update) in Safe mode, still nothing (also ran stinger).

Anyone come across this before? Anyone have a way to disable webpages from being displayed in outlook?

thanks.

ps. Outlook 2002 , Windows 2000 sp4 , IE 6.0. Email is being collected from a Mdaemon 6.0 pro server which is collecting from hosting 365 via Pop3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

might be worth doing aquick registry search for the domain it sends you to, or even just the middle 'name' part of the domain and see if it turns anything up.

i did a google on the 'name' part of the domain myself and there seems to be quite a bit of this going round recently, and not just with outlook.

seems like some tw@t has come up with a new way to get on people's tits.

can'tfind a solution tho,sorry. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Found a solution on a german tech forum...

go to

http://www.jraun.com/activex/src/

click on the download button and you'll get 4 links,

two apps (the hijackers) and an uninstaller for each of them. Download and run the two uninstall programs.

I have no idea how the hijacker gets on to the system though. I have never gone near www.jraun.com before or seen an ad for them.

Advertisement