Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Monitor

• 15-12-2003 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Just got my hands on a second hand 21 inch monitor and am having a bit of a problem. The viewable area of the screen extends by about an inch beyond the left and right borders of the screen. I have tried adjusting the Horizontal settings through the on screen controls but the screen size does not change. Everything else works fine, including all the other on sceen controls. This problem happens when I tested it with my desktop and my laptop.

So does anyone have any suggestions? Is there any software available that allows you to adjust the viewable area through software for example?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What Screen rez, and what Refresh rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

both the latest nvidia and ati drivers have screen adjustment options.. Control Panel->Display->Settings->Advanced->Blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tried all resolutions - from 640*480 to 1600*1200 between 60hz and 85 hz...

Same thing...

Do Matrox offer said options in their drivers by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Is there a reset to factory settings option?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Nope no fatory reset :(

Connected my laptop up to it and tried making adjestments using the ATI drivers.. Wasnt able to adjust it enough.

Is there anything else anyone can suggest?

• Advertisement
Advertisement