Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice for buying type of RAM

• 15-12-2003 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I had 512mb pc 2700 ddr ram. And want to get another gigabyte so i wont have to buy anymore for a year or two. I use my pc just for general use like gaming, internet, college work etc...

But what i dont get is whats the story with the whole pc2700 and pc 3200 etc etc and is it ok if i get like pc3200 ram with pc 2700 ram or do they have to be the same speed or whatever?

Cheers guys...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

depends what your motherboard supports if it supports dual channel i would get two twined sticks of PC2700 (2 x 512MB) if it doesn't and your board supports pc3200 get two stick of 512mb, but tbh 1gig of ram is not needed atm.

i have a gig and i rarely use it up even though i use 3d studio max and photoshop at same time (memory hoggers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

ok thanks.

I figured it out.

I have cl 2.5 twinmos 512mb ddr ram.

Should i buy the exact same stick or should i get the cl2 version of the exact kind instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Does your Board support Dual Channel?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

MSI 648 max without the hyper threading is my board and as far as i know it does. im not sure.

Advertisement