Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's not non-quake honest

Options
  • 10-01-2000 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Hello again,

I need more memory for my computer, and the non-quake bit is that i need it in order to play quake3 the thing is I'm not sure what sort of memory i need.

What i have is a "gateway g6 233" if anyone has one and has upgraded their memory I would be very glad to know what type of memory they used thanks for your help

bye for now
    Baz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

You can use just ordinary sdram
    costs about £50 for 32megs but
    if anybody knows of a better price then
    quake3 will still be unplayable on a p233 tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

As i recall I can beat you while I'm on a p233 and your on a p500 Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

it'll b playable on a P233 so long as you have a decent gfx card, at least a v2 12m. You'll average about 25fps when fully tweaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Your system is definitely 66mhz.
    100mhz bus came with 300mhz PII cpus and higher as far as I know.

And I presume 66mhz is cheaper cos it's obsolete. but it might be in short supply so might be dearer.

Check www.scan.co.uk for an idea.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah andy but you are used to playing on it and you practise every night. I played quake3 at jedis lan and nethouse and very little in between. Soon I will have elite skillz
    Also remember I beat you in doom2 and
    qw???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

ohhhh... I love this guy (not sexually of course) one beat me ONCE!!!!!! We have played hundereds maybe even thousands of games.

Well, If it makes you happy Phil... smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Thanks for the replies but I was wondering if anyone knew what bus speed I needed more than the sdram part(which I already knew). I'm going for 100Mhz if noone knows but i don't want to fu... sorry wreck my computer so if theres a way to be sure I'll take it.

bye for now
    Baz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

100MHz wont fry your system but all you need is 66MHz if you have a 233 system.

Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and if you add pc100 ram to your system which has bus speed of 66mhz, then it will still run at 66mhz....funnily enough

So are you saying my system is 66Mhz or was that just a knowledgeable comment. And if I add 66Mhz to a 100Mhz sys what happens and finally is 66Mhz cheaper.

bye for now
    Baz

• Advertisement

Okay thanks a lot but is 66Mhz cheaper (please say yes(but also dont lie))

Thanks again

bye for now
    Baz

Advertisement