Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Interbase and MSSQL2K co exist happily on the same server ?

Options
  • 15-12-2003 6:01pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok yes I know it would be better having them on different servers, are there any reaons to keep them apart.

SQL will be the main dB , several GB's, while the Intebase dB wouldn't ever be more than a few ten's of MB and I don't want to stick it on to a mail server instead unless I have to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

Yes.

[aside]Older versions of IB don't run well on multiprocessor boxes. If you've to run an older version in that scenerio, tie the process affinity to one processor - there's a utility to do this, can't remember off the top of my head but I'll find out if you need. There is one version that is MP aware but doesn't take advantage if it. Best bet is to try and use the latest interbase or firebird version.

D.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It'll probably be the latest version - down to the vendor really - also SQL is bound to one processor already.

Advertisement