Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Down?

• 15-12-2003 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

IOL just stopped responding, disconnected and now cant get back on (using old indigo dial-up atm). This happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Yeah just happened to me as well.
    Back on now though.

I've also noticed that when i first turn on the computer, i'll get invalid username/password errors the first couple times i try to connect.

Killian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Nope no probs all the live long day, Blanch exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I've also noticed that when i first turn on the computer, i'll get invalid username/password errors the first couple times i try to connect.

same here - sometimes if it doesnt connect after the 3rd or 4th time i need to reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Netsource has been yo-yo 'ing too - must be eircom

I'm seeing better speeds though when I am connected

tribble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

i've had problems with disconnects too.

rang netsource tech support, they say eircom's been causing trouble since 4.00pm this evening. (15th)

he took my user name, checked somethin then went 'yeah ur one of the one's affected'

he didn't know when it would be sorted, said it's eircom up to something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Fabre

Same problem here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Originally posted by K!LL!@N

Killian

Same here , only thing is , I'm on clicksilver .

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Originally posted by Fabre
    Same problem here.

Same here. Blanch exchange. Been going on for about 5 days now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Very same problems here. Took about 10 attempts to connect. This has been happening for over a week now. Often for no reason the ADSL signal is dropping too?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Same problem here with the invalid username/pass
    as usual with IOL - thought it was just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Yeah that invalid thing happened to me the odd time in the last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Same probs with invalids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

same here, except on UTV Clicksilver, blanchardstown exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

This is still happening, can anyone shed light on the situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

this happened to me yesterday, connection just went down and i was getting a PPPoE server not found error

to fix it i had to change the vpi vci settings from 0 and 35 to 8 and 35 respectively

working fine now

Originally posted by l3rian
    this happened to me yesterday, connection just went down and i was getting a PPPoE server not found error

to fix it i had to change the vpi vci settings from 0 and 35 to 8 and 35 respectively

Those ARE the settings they should have been from the begining!!!, the whole of Ireland, I believe, has those settings. I'm on the blanch exchange and I've had no probs - but I use a router so I'm connected 24/7 to the Internet no connecting crap for me:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

in D15 also - no problems at all with IOL BB. Again I'm using a router, so no connecting issues at all.

OfflerCrocGod: i was connected for two weeks with 0 and 35, im really sure about this because i remember copying and pasting the settings into Broadband ping thread here. im using a dlink 504 router

how are you finding the cap? ive been connected for about 16 days and im up to 3gb, ive been watching too much futurama and family guy on winamp tv

Heee no you haven't I have the same router and you afto click apply and save the settings to get it to *remember* those settings so you got the right settings put in(comes on a piece of paper with the USB modem) but you never *saved* them so your router was connected fine until it rebooted for some reason - or was disconnected, it tried to reconnect using the default settings since you didnt *save* the correct ones (8 35) and the default ones are 0 and 35 - they dont work. You prob just went into the router settings and put in the correct ones and this time you saved them, that's all. You can't connect with 0 and 35 in Ireland.

• Advertisement

OfflerCrocGod: i see what you mean, it must have been iol's fault then, i hope it wasnt the router, ive heard this model can be faulty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ksl19

I was getting error user name/password invalid aswell.

Running Win2000 and I just click on a button to launch IOLBB. I have my username and password saved in my dial up properties so that I dont have to enter my password every time I connected.
    After a few of these errors I went into my connection properties to find that my password was not saved anymore(username was still there). Reentered it and logged on fine.
    Howver this has happend a few times. What could be causing the deletion of this password?
    My connection is dropping randomly also.
    Have 'never dial a connection' selected.
    I have ICS setup going to my xbox but dont think this could be causing any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Same thing here, for the last week or so I keep getting 691:incorrect username/password errors. It connects on the second or third try.
    I'm on UTV Clicksilver but I'm assuming its the Eircom muppets messing up since it appears to be affecting all dsl re-sellers.

Advertisement