Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems installing EBlogger on to server

Options
  • 15-12-2003 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

http://www.bungee.ie/eBlogger/news.php

Im getting this error and I have tried everything to install it

can someone have a look and Advised me please.

Declan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

Try this, put <?php include "eblogger.php"; ?> into news.php - include the angle brackets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Thanks Freehost no thats not the issue

the Readme file tells me to

"Configure eblogger_config.php with your MySQL details and other required info.[which i have done]
    Dump eblogger.sql into your eBlogger database. "

The issue I have is the eblogger database WTF I can see it or I dont know where to put it ???

Sorry but i am extremly new to all this and its wrecking my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Have you created all the required tables?
    It looks like you need to dump the file eblogger.sql into your database.

You can do that in phpmyadmin or use some other DB client like DBVisualizer to run the statements. In phpmyadmin you just copy and paste the contents of the file into a text box and it will run all the statements.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Serbian

Looks like the database doesn't exist or is inaccessable. Is the database MySQL? If so, get a GUI like SQLyog (assuming you are on Windows) and run the .sql file from that. It will create the database and all the neccessary tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

Do you have access to phpmyadmin, if so do this;

1. Log into phpmyadmin
    2. Click on the database on the left side of the screen
    3. Now click on the SQL Tab
    4. Click on the browse button to and navigate to where you have the eBlogger.sql file on you hard disk
    5. Click Go

This will load up the required tables for your MySQL database, this should do the trick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Cheers for your help Guys I will try it when I get home and let you know

Declan

Advertisement