Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RADIOHEAD... i want to talk about them...

Options
  • 15-12-2003 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

hi, i want to talk about Radiohead and how everybody thinks how s**t they are since after OK Computer, i think that Kid A is brilliant, amnesiac great but not as good and Hail To The Thief is amazing, it has at least 8 top songs, a few are dodgy but no reason to say that radiohead are finished, what do ye think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I agree altough the bends is my favourite radiohead album their albums since have also been amazing. far more varied than most bands and they still kick ass live. People say their miserable but I think its a complement some of my favourite musisions are miserable gits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i'm quite fond of the more recent stuff... and, of course, the old stuff...

and from the looks of the point last week a lot of other people are happy with them all aswell...

i love a band that doesnt just chhurn out the same sorta thing over and over...

radiohead experimented and IMO, created some wonderfully original and unique sounds... and when they're bringing out new material at least you're in for a bit of a surprise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

I have to say that I've enjoyed everything that Radiohead's done too. In regards to their material Kid A and beyond, there are a few songs that really aren't listenable to as songs, but they fit in the context of the album. Since Radiohead has been pretty much an album band since OK Computer (IMO,) it makes sense.

If anyone doesn't like new Radiohead, just go back to The Bends. Great album in of itself, though they've changed so much since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Just a few random thoughts:

There's something wrong with me - I don't like Creep.
    All of their albums since OK Computer have been excellent, and The Bends was pretty good too. The reason many people hate them is because they recorded Kid A and Amnesiac instead of The Bends 2 and The Bends 3.
    Still - no worries - for everyone who dislikes their recent work, there's always Coldplay. They could become a second Radiohead. They have the college education. Just watch.
    They write songs with lyrics - not just words, lyrics - and that's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well creep was never a good song. I rather some of their more complex songs like Paranoid Android and In Limbo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I fuppin' love their later works. So much more interesting. A real joy to listen to. :D

coldplay = pants and not fancy pants, no no really boring boring boring pants

y fronts perhaps

anyhoo creeps not their best by a long way and o lot of people arent too fond of it... thought i must say it was great to hear it live at the gig a couple of weeks ago

i'd have to say my favourite song is polyethelene (parts 1 & 2)... fantastic stuff!

another great thing about radiohead... they release eps with bsides on them (airbag/how am i driver is bloody great!) and so is my iron lung

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

ya ployethelene (parts 1& 2) is a great song, really shows the greatness of radiohead, my fave songs at the moment are Exit music (for a film), talk show host and there there, i used to like creep but got sick of it, did ye hear about the new remix album early next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Dang, wish I'd ogtten here sooner. Most of what I would've said has already been said. What makes Radiohead so good is that they re-invented themselves and it actually worked! It was a downright good album(Kid A). People were just annoyed(as article 6 said) that it wasn't The Bends 2.
    Not many bands can claim to have gone from angsty/gloomy alt-rock to techno/electronica successfully, Radiohead can boast about it.

anyhoo creeps not their best by a long way and o lot of people arent too fond of it... thought i must say it was great to hear it live at the gig a couple of weeks ago

Yeah heard about that. Consider yourself lucky, apparently they NEVER play that one live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Well creep was never a good song.
    Ah come on, thats nonsense, some people might be getting tired of hearing it, but i think most people will agree it is a brilliant song, everyone seemed to be really excited about hearing it at the Dublin gig.
    for everyone who dislikes their recent work, there's always Coldplay.
    so your comparing Radioheads earlier music to Coldplay, I don't agree.

First 3 albums I loved, a very big fan and then I bought Kid A and I thought it was absolute crap compared to the brilliance of their earlier work. Where was the music I loved gone?? Devastated that the future of music for me was gone, ah i thought it would only be a blip but it wasn't. I don't like their kind of music now, its not the kind of music I to listen to. I have no problem with people liking the 'new' Radiohead music, but if they were a new band who released these last 3 albums they wouldn't be a super group. They have become a "coffee table" band for a lot of people i think i.e. buy the album to show you have it but it doesn't get listened to. No doubt some people love this kind of music but most people don't. I will not be buying another album unless they go back to more guitar lead music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

I kinda like '2+2=5' from Hail to the Thief, at the moment. It kind of reminds me of Bohemian Rhapsody (oh here come the flames), in the way it changes drastically mid-song. Pretty cool stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

creep is a good song if its just acoustic...apparently the band are sick of it though.
    im a big fan of pablo honey but ive heard the band see it as their s**t ablum!

alot of the ablums are different but isnt that a good thing?
    take for example marylin mansons new ablum gave them the chance to try something new but instend i was disapointed to find they stuck to the same material.i like the fact that radiohead try new things of course its not goin to apeal to everyone...when bands try new things it never does.

Originally posted by Creature

Yeah heard about that. Consider yourself lucky, apparently they NEVER play that one live.

yup they didnt play it the other 2 times i saw them... i was reading that they had played it in london the week before playing here so i was optimistic...

Originally posted by steoob

did ye hear about the new remix album early next year?

really? where'd ya hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

i heard it on greenplastic.com
    here is the link
    http://www.greenplastic.com/news/dusty/000818.php

Advertisement