Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gif files coming up with diff colours

Options
  • 15-12-2003 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I have a htm page which has a title which is a gif I did up in photoshop. This title comes up fine on the machine I develop on but when I test it on another machine it comes up in different colours: The structure and form is there, just seems as if the colours havent loaded properly?

Any suggestions or have I missed something?

Hertz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Serbian

Do you have a link to the page anywhere?

The most common cause of this is not using web safe colours. You may need to change the background colour of the image to a web safe colour. In Photoshop there is a check box on the colour pallette to only display web safe colours. You can use that to choose a replacement colour.

Serb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I have had this problem sometimes where its turned out to be down to the video card of the machine. Check if the problem is turning up on other machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭hertz

I dont think its the video card, Its occurring on other machines.

hertz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dynamic.ie

Most likely what is happening is that you are viewing the image on your own machine with 32-bit colour quality, specified in the display control panel and a 24-bit colour quality on the other machines. This does effect the way a colour is displayed and can be quite head wrecking when testing.

Advertisement