Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[KCD]praccy session

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Wah!

No CD yet. Prolly Tomorrow.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Those IGN servers are down at the moment but Cloud did mention that the UT server changed ports on its own recently. I wonder is this a problem because the Qamex ones disappear on and off too. A search in the browser usually finds them again. Perhaps if it is a problem the patch will fix it. Yes WWMan I'm afraid there's a patch for UT out today too smile.gif
    Anyway I'll hop into the Qamex CTF UT server at 9 if there's room and hope to see some of ye there. Bear in mind we have entered the Savage UKUTCTF league.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

theres another patch out for ut?
    ffs, i only got the last one last night!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

it's ok i meant that patch wwman smile.gif
    Anyway it's IGN server at 9 - see UT board.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

soz can't make it sad.gif
    sunglasses.gif

• Advertisement

do yis want a bit of a praccy in ut or q3a tonight?
    since muso is about the only one ive played withand thats in ut (coz its better)
    so if yis want a game tonight about 9ish?

what is the addy to the ign/cloud/whatever servers for q3a and ut?
    and does qamex have a q3a server, and why is only the ctf ut server up at the moment?

oh god......

point of message... praccy tonight, tuesday at 9. mail preferences and servers below and lets see if we manage to get on the serevers smile.gif
    i may not be able to get on regular for a while like, so please try an make it. and i want to play ut for what its worth, but will be happy to play q3a coz i have only played it twice online
    bugger, means i have to d/l update patch now.
    bloody hell. stupid id games and their patches. never saw one for doom ya know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Yeah you did, it was called doom2.

I'm sure PS would love a praccy game with yis if your interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ok, I can't figure it out, so any ideas about this:
    In Quake3 connecting to ANY server, I start off ok and then a red spike appear for a frame or so on the netgraph. Then slowly but surely the rate of spikes increase until it's unplayable. I thought it was just q3 until the same probs happened in UT.
    Both have the latest patches and my modem and line haven't changed. I'm running win98 (first release) and have tried both Esat and Iol as ISP's.

help?

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

have u done any "tweaking" to your dial-up networking recently? I had severe problems with some of the suggested settings from aqua's guide, had to change them all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I tried using MTUspeed to fix the prob with no effect.
    Might try another modem to see if that's what it is. Me motorola voicesurfr is getting a bit old so maybe that's it.

Eamo, you're a muppet tongue.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Advertisement

i know!

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I'm looking for a bit of tweaking advice too. Aqua's screwed up my PC.

Does anyone have a decent set of tweaks for ISDN? Snaps setting and the like. I would be eternally grateful.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

no

still grateful?
    i thought not smile.gif

Advertisement