Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for piercing?

Options
  • 15-12-2003 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Getting my tongue pierced shortly after christmas and I've been hearing horror stories about metalmorphosis where I was supposed to get it done. Any one got any better suggestions............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

try bodyshock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

Snakebite on abbey street are pretty good.
    If they're still there that is, been a while since i've had anything done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

Originally posted by Attreu
    Snakebite on abbey street are pretty good.
    If they're still there that is, been a while since i've had anything done.
    They are indeed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

"I've been hearing horror stories about metalmorphosis"

None about the piercing itself, no? As I'm sure you know, when it comes to the tongue, there are millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

celestial ring in the stephens green centre dublin is a great place .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

living art in limerick are pretty professional

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Smurphy

I've been hearing horror stories about metalmorphosis

My sister in law got her belly button pierced there about 2 weeks ago. She's had no problems. She actually said that the staff were really good at putting her at ease(she hates needles).

On the other hand I have also heard that celestial ring in the stephens green centre is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

ex gf of mine got her tounge done in MM and had no trouble.

but personally id recommend snakebite, got a vertical labret done there earlier in the week was done very well, staff are a laugh and i didnt even bleed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pink Bunny

Good luck with the tongue ring, LS. I got my tongue pierced a year ago and have never regretted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Ta for all the help :) got the tongue done two weeks ago. in celestial ring. Highly recommended by the way! And its doin fine, better than expected.!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

i really want to get it done but i really REALLY dont want the whole cant eat/speak recovery time

how long is it all swollen up, and was it more painful than other piercings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

The piercing itself is painless but the days after are uncomfortable while trying to eat, its nothing too bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

how long does it take before u can speak properly again? my job is on phones, so it wud suck if i had to miss too much work

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Get it done on the friday after work,
    you off on sats and sundays?
    Shouldn't be that bad at all by monday/tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

I recommend The Celestial Ring. People who work there are so nice. I got all my stuff done in there, tattoos and piercings.
    Very clean, very friendly and helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

I've gotten most of my piercings (if not all?) done in Metal Morphosis. They dont seem to be as compassionate about it than other piercing places.

From now on though I'd choose Celestial Ring (value, great aftercare, and good folk) or Bodyshock (reliable, confident, and the girl behing the counter is hot!)

Advertisement