Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chemical Brothers DVD

• 15-12-2003 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Just bought the new dvd - singles 93/03, its very good although i would have liked to have seen a bit more live stuff on it. interviews are quite good though but when you pay 30quid for something like that you expect a bit more. but anyway what i want to know is, is there any live dvd's out from chemical brothers? also any dj shadow dvd's out there at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ther's the underworld dvd out aswell,
    has live shows etc. and has all the tunes off there last released album,
    the dvd is savage on a nice surround sound system & big tv :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It's often enough that you'd get a music DVD with nothing but the videos on it - e.g. Massive Attack's DVD, but I certainly wish more people would go this way and make a bit more of an effort. Even the Daft Punk DVD has interviews, commentaries and backgrounds on all the vids. Orbital's Altogether DVD is another fave of mine, recorded in 5.1 and with a shedload of previously unseen vids (all that crazy Playschool stuff?) along with a mental 25-minute long version of Meltdown (what I'd give for a live version of Doctor Who though...). Looks like you don't get too bad a lot on the Chem's DVD with interviews and a few live tracks, and their vids are usually very good to boot. Think I'll have to pick it up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Would like to pick this up at a decent price. Its safe to say that the videos themselves are worth the ware, although commentries would make a nice addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Lenny
    Ther's the underworld dvd out aswell,
    has live shows etc. and has all the tunes off there last released album

you talking about everything, everything?

BrianG

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea, thats the name of the DVD. its brillant if yea have a nice sound system on the tv :cool:

• Advertisement

ah ok - yeah it's great - even has footage from Ireland (Homelands 1999 in Mosney... honest that's me at the back of the tent! :D)

thought you might have been talking about the DVD that came with their last release Anthology 1992-2002 (although the version with the DVD was only distributed in Japan :() - managed to order it from Amazon.co.jp although it hasn't arrived so I haven't seen it yet - think it only has the video tracks (no live stuff?)

BrianG

When did you order it and how much was it?

only last week - went for the cheapo shipping - so should be here in a week or so and came out at 4400 Yen (after using the 500 Yen discount code on first time purchases) - so approx. Eur. 33

some more info over on Underworld's forum

BrianG

so that arrived last week :D

DVD that came with it was NTSC (Region 2) so need to watch what you play it back on...

rez.jpg
    hadn't seen the Rez video for years - hmmm that was 1993! - I'm old :(

BrianG

Advertisement